B-29 Superfortress: Bombers Over Japan, 1944-1945 (Discussion Thread)

Started by BanzaiCat, August 20, 2014, 07:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Update: I won't be starting the game today as I'd hoped. Too much to do this weekend and not enough free time to lay out a board game and play through the first mission. Never fear, though - I fully intend to get it in this week. Already have most of the graphics generated to do the mission reports, so when that happens and I get it done I'll start posting to a new thread and put the link here just in case y'all miss it.

W8taminute

Whenever you start a new one, if you start one, can I be one of the Japanese pilots sent to intercept? 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

BanzaiCat

Nefaro

Quote from: W8taminute on August 24, 2014, 06:40:33 PM
Whenever you start a new one, if you start one, can I be one of the Japanese pilots sent to intercept?

Just one?  I could see W8 showing up in every mission, a perfect nemesis.  ;D

JasonPratt

Quote from: Staggerwing on August 22, 2014, 06:03:28 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on August 22, 2014, 01:00:44 PM
And co-pilot for me!

I can flap the wings with my mind and push the plane along if the cockpit gets all shot up!  :D

Please tell me you got that from a very old sci fi short story- I read it many many years ago and can't remember the name of it.

Sadly, no, it was a joke from the (lack of) co-pilot duties in the previous B-17 game.

Also, I vote #3. Classy yet faintly tarty.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

I should shanghai Gus instead of 'geek for that radio room slot, shouldn't I?

Not that it matters, of course. But either one of them may not appreciate their names going down in a blaze of glory when we get a BIP in one of the fuel tanks.

undercovergeek

Lol just saw this, I'm happy either way, I'll read and laugh at Gus' ineptitude or be in and cause my own brand of mayhem!

BanzaiCat

Quote from: undercovergeek on August 25, 2014, 07:16:35 PM
Lol just saw this, I'm happy either way, I'll read and laugh at Gus' ineptitude or be in and cause my own brand of mayhem!

Well, as you were nominated by bawb, and Gus nor anyone else has spoken up, it's all yours, 'geek.  O0

I will try to get the first mission done this week in the evening sometime then write it up for the next day.

undercovergeek

Cool,

Radio Operator (SGT): bob48
Radio Observer (SSGT): undercovergeek (nominated)

do i observe Bob? am i close to the bomb bay doors if thats the case?

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

OK, crew of the Miss Punctuality...plus lurkers out there...first mission will definitely be played this weekend, possibly Friday night. I have the Mission Sheets and Mission Log printed, so I intend to scan each one after the mission so you can see the results directly, though it will probably be the last thing in each Mission's post to serve as a summary to my AAR-speak and color commentary.

BanzaiCat

Started a new 'Mission Logs' thread for the B-29 game:

http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=11041.0

Just an intro in place right now, those there is a great YouTube video about the B-29 from the crew's perspective in there, including roles and responsibilities. It's a training film from the war, which makes it even more interesting to watch.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!