Main Menu

Ambush 1857

Started by nevermore, August 21, 2014, 12:02:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermore

First i like to thank all the support on the Grimsby website over the 3 years i ran it and i know i have not posted up for a number of weeks now, because i have been very busy creating a new up-to-date website complete with new features which i could not get on the old website, this includes a webstore and forum attached.

http://www.victorian-steel.com/

I have had so many emails enquiring about what rules we used ect .. so some club members decided to publish the rules and get them out on the web, to us its another way for making a donation to combat stress which we strongly support.

The rules are great value for money they come with a playsheet and 48 flags which are excellent quality  professionally printed on two sheets, these are free of charge to those who buy a set of rules saving you alot of money.

OK time to post whats been going on at the club.

Ambush 1857, we tried a ambush setup for the Mutineers, the British in a long column with artilly guns cavalry ect, it was on a dusty winding road, mutineers had hidden movements and await the ambush.

Under the Victorian Steel rules, soldiers march in companies and hidden movement is involved as the mutineers await in a ditch, sunken road

free upload image

The British column march in the heat and dusk

free upload pictures

The 17th cavarly screen the front with supplys at the rear, the heat and water does affect the companies in the rules

imagehosting

On the Horizon the enemy appears,commanders for the British enemy
during the Indian Mutiny quarrel constantly and this affects the movement in the rules in Victorian Steel and commanders

image upload free

British command orders create a game that even though outnumbered 3,4-1 ratio and the odds look frightening, they can out maneuver the enemy and pinpoint a strike, it does make you think how to handle a battle and a awkward situation

adult image

British commander leads a brigade column, these could be 8 brigade stands or 12 brigade stand, you need no rebasing of figures for the rules and companies can screen by skirmish, this officer sees no reason to act as he has no vision of the chaos ahead

how to do a screen shot

The officer hears shot ahead and orders a skirmish screen around his brigade, he knows he is in a vulnerable position

post image

The mutineers used the hidden movement rule and strike the flanks of the column, the British are well trained in the rules and react well to open fire, lets hope the brigade officer dosent get shot from his horse. Weapon range and fire is a advantage at long range for the British column they never expected this

image hosting over 2mb

Pt 2 next week wargamers, remember you don't need lots of figures to game Victorian Steel Rules, they are fast and been play tested over six months with 7 players every Monday evening to get these as best as we can.
Scenario historical battles vols will be coming out soon "The Rise and Fall of the Zulu" being the first.

http://www.victorian-steel.com/

TheCommandTent

As always great pictures and a nice looking new site.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bob48

Excellent stuff, as always. And good luck with the rules, hope they sell well.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!