Smaller Little Saturn

Started by MengJiao, April 12, 2015, 09:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

This is the Enemy at the Gates version of Little Saturn.  I've roughed in the front lines -- many details to add or check -- and left out the northernmost hex-rows:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 12, 2015, 09:42:21 PM

This is the Enemy at the Gates version of Little Saturn.  I've roughed in the front lines -- many details to add or check -- and left out the northernmost hex-rows:

And this is the area that historically the Russian tank corps penetrated -- roughly from one SS Police Battalion up north with the Italians, through the Croat Legion and on down to the last SS Police Battalion:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 14, 2015, 10:05:42 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on April 12, 2015, 09:42:21 PM

And this is the area that historically the Russian tank corps penetrated -- roughly from one SS Police Battalion up north with the Italians, through the Croat Legion and on down to the last SS Police Battalion:

So with the 1st Guards and 4 tank Corps, I try my 3rd attempt at a breakthrough in the OCS system:

The other panzer divisions in reserve are all down south and the 27th Panzer division uses its reserve move to get to Millerovo to back up the Croat Legion.

The Italian Front line and the SS Police are blown away by bombing, artillery and a massive ground attack.  The Luftwaffe stops one tank corps dead.  So one Tank Corps exploits and two drive through from reserve.  One takes Chertkovo and some supplies and the other wipes out the Italian supply chain and command structure in the area.

So, finally, after two decades, I solo an operational breakthrough to the operational depths in this operational game.

Meanwhile, down south,  the panzers stop the attacks of the 3rd Guards Army and the 5th Tank Army, at least for the time being.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on April 20, 2015, 09:38:17 AM

So with the 1st Guards and 4 tank Corps, I try my 3rd attempt at a breakthrough in the OCS system:

The other panzer divisions in reserve are all down south and the 27th Panzer division uses its reserve move to get to Millerovo to back up the Croat Legion.

The Italian Front line and the SS Police are blown away by bombing, artillery and a massive ground attack.  The Luftwaffe stops one tank corps dead.  So one Tank Corps exploits and two drive through from reserve.  One takes Chertkovo and some supplies and the other wipes out the Italian supply chain and command structure in the area.

So, finally, after two decades, I solo an operational breakthrough to the operational depths in this operational game.

Meanwhile, down south,  the panzers stop the attacks of the 3rd Guards Army and the 5th Tank Army, at least for the time being.

Close-up of the breakthrough: