Danger Zones and Dogfights: A Hornet Leader AAR (Mission 1 Complete!)

Started by BanzaiCat, June 05, 2015, 10:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Ooo... if you do more than one Hornet I'd like one them.  O:-)

Windigo

If there's any spaces left throw my hat in the ring [com'on with a groggy reference like that I have to get a space], sides Windigo is a great call-sign, amiright?
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

BanzaiCat

Windy, by the Rule Of First Come First ServedTM, and possibly the Power of Greyskull, you have indeed received a space.  O0

However I'm still debating if I want to 'shop the cards/pieces with your forum names (more work), or just assign you the call signs that are already in the game, depending on the aircraft type (easiest and potential yuks). I'm leaning towards the latter.

There's two spots left, one of which is the E-2C Hawkeye. Which, admittedly, is not terribly exciting, though it adds benefits in-game to the other pilots. If I get one more sign-up I'll just make them generic.

Windigo

The E-2C sounds kinda up my alley [damn there's another great groggy reference] given some of the day job stuff I do now so I'll take that one and trust my fast mover aviator friends to keep the bear at bay
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

^ Thanks!

Seemed kind of odd to give this group a 'normal' squadron designation since there's so many different aircraft in it, so I thought as long as this was fiction, might as well take it to the extreme.

Airborne Rifles

Well hey, I'm not set on any airframe. I'm an infantryman, after all. Give me whatever works.

Awesome squadron patch, too.

BanzaiCat

Thanks, AB.

I re-did the patch; just changed the blue to black is all. The tails of the aircraft look a lot sharper with yellow and black instead of yellow and blue. I'll repost the patch when I get the aircraft art up, once we get those two open spots filled.

PanzersEast

BanzaiCat

Squadron is full. I will get some more art uploaded by Friday, and then we'll kick this off the week of June 20. Thanks all!

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

BanzaiCat

Here we go...here's the aircraft we will be using, complete with squadron colors and insignia. Haven't quite figured out which ones I'll be using, but I'll be setting up the game most likely tomorrow night.

A-7 Corsair

EA-6B Prowler

F-14 Tomcat

F/A-18C Hornet

A-6 Intruder

E-2C Prowler

(Don't know why I did the squadron insignia on the Hornet's tail - just felt like doing something different for that one.)

mirth