Wing Leader PBEM round 2 - Coral Sea (SDR vs Barthheart)

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, December 31, 2015, 11:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Well that "assault" is finally over.

We, that Japs, managed to heavily damage the Lexington and shoot down 8 enemy planes in the process. That gives us all of 20 VPs

The Yanks managed to savage my bombers and shot down 18 planes. That gives him 18 VPs.

A +2 spread only yields me a draw.... and an expensive one at that.... unless the Lex blows up and sinks later as per real life.....

Great fun. Attacking carriers protected by other ships with flak is not a sport for the timid. Torpedo bombing is an exceptionally dangerous endeavor.... :idiot2:

I think we'll take a break from Wing Leader and we're going to try our hands at Plan Orange, the US plan to stop the Japanese if they had attack the Pacific in the early 30's instead of '41.
Should be interesting as neither of us has played the game before... so of course will display our flailing about here for you all to see....  :D

Silent Disapproval Robot

Hopefully it'll be a little more screenshot friendly.  Wing Leader doesn't really lend itself to action packed screenshots once the action starts.  The counters seem to stop moving once the furballs start to fly.

MengJiao

Quote from: W8taminute on January 13, 2016, 05:40:49 PM
Quote from: Barthheart on January 13, 2016, 04:55:12 PM
Quote from: W8taminute on January 13, 2016, 02:59:30 PM
I love the rounded counters on that Vassal mod.  Have you guys tried to cut the real counters?  If so I'm curious as to what size tool you used, i.e. 2.0, 2.5, etc.   I'm thinking of purchasing a cutting tool but don't know what size to get only because the airplane counters in this game are not standard sized counters.

:o OMG! There are NO rounded corners in the VASSAL module. What you are seeing is the "Moved" tag that's applied when you move a counter.

None of my games have, or will ever have, rounded corners.  :tickedoff:

<takes two steps backwards and ducks>

I understand that to round or not to round is a subject of controversy in the wargaming community akin to discussing religion and politics.  None of my games have rounded corners unless they were shipped that way from the manufacturer.  To round or not is a decision I've been toying with but have not carried out yet.   8)

Just don't do it.  While its nice to get used games that have been rounded -- its a horrific waste of time!