Grog Friends and Affiliates > Army Editor Tech Support

Accuracy Editor Requests and Comments

(1/2) > >>

Bletchley_Geek:
Thank you very much for the opportunity of taking an early look at the Army Editor.

I am opening a thread with some comments on the Accuracy Editor:

* The ability to edit every single data point in the accuracy table is good, it allows for very fine control
* But there are too many slots to be edited by hand, hence I'd suggest to allow to "draw it" allowing the user to click a column and while dragging, draw the slope of the function.
* In addition, I'd suggest that you can load that data from a CSV file (so you can work on it in a spreadsheet application, for instance)
* Instead of the percentage of range, which is quite opaque, I'd suggest that the actual range (i.e. percentage times max range) is shown on the display
* Linked to the data loading comment above, I think that allowing the data to be saved under a name (i.e. "Mauser", "Martini Henry") would be a nother great addition. Editing a custom accuracy curve for every unit on an army looks to me to be a bit much.
Can't wait to play the battles.

Edit: just found the option to do so

Dr D Ezra Sidran:
I think those are very good comments and I agree. Andy came up with the idea for the accuracy curve and being able to input from a CSV file is major plus.

Again, thanks to Andy, we have added digital pen support for the Map Editor (this will be the next module released for beta-test). Perhaps it can be added for drawing the Accuracy curve. However, a lot of people don't have digital pens (in fact I had to borrow one from an artist friend just for testing).

Andy ONeill:
Plan A was to allow users to draw a curve.
I built a small utility to explore the practicality.
I found it surprisingly difficult to draw a decent curve with a mouse.
In the end I used that to get me started with curves and edited in the app.
We can consider polishing up my utility a bit and offering that separately.

The various files are txt so you could build them in excel or whatever and paste into a txt file.
I don't envisage people using custom curves per unit.

I can fairly easily calculate the range each percentage translates into and add that in the mouseover stuff.

Bletchley_Geek:
Thanks for the answers guys.

Am I correct understanding that if I drop new data files in the directory where the premade curves are available, the editor will just load them?

Regarding tracing the curve: with a Surface stylus or a good gaming mouse that allows to adjust sensitivity it is quite easy :)

Mickey3D:
Editor is crashing with the following error in the Windows event log:

--- Quote ---Application : GSBPArmyEditor.exe
Version du Framework : v4.0.30319
Description : le processus a t arrt en raison d'une exception non gre.
Informations sur l'exception : System.IndexOutOfRangeException
    UILib.ArrayToPointCollectionConverter.Convert(System.Object, System.Type, System.Object, System.Globalization.CultureInfo)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValue(System.Object, Boolean)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.Activate(System.Object)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.AttachToContext(AttachAttempt)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.AttachOverride(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.DependencyProperty)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.OnAttach(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.DependencyProperty)
    System.Windows.StyleHelper.GetInstanceValue(System.Windows.UncommonField`1<System.Collections.Specialized.HybridDictionary[]>, System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.FrameworkElement, System.Windows.FrameworkContentElement, Int32, System.Windows.DependencyProperty, Int32, System.Windows.EffectiveValueEntry ByRef)
    System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.ReceivePropertySet(System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlMember, System.Object, System.Windows.DependencyObject)
    System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate+<>c__DisplayClass45_0.<LoadOptimizedTemplateContent>b__3(System.Object, System.Windows.Markup.XamlSetValueEventArgs)
    System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.OnSetValue(System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlMember, System.Object)
    System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_ApplyPropertyValue(MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.ObjectWriterContext, System.Xaml.XamlMember, System.Object, Boolean)
    System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_DoAssignmentToParentProperty(MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.ObjectWriterContext)
    System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.Logic_AssignProvidedValue(MS.Internal.Xaml.Context.ObjectWriterContext)
    System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter.WriteEndObject()
    System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadTemplateXaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter)

Informations sur l'exception : System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
    System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(System.Exception, System.Xaml.IXamlLineInfo, System.Uri)
    System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadTemplateXaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter)
    System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadTemplateXaml(System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriter)
    System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadOptimizedTemplateContent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.Markup.IComponentConnector, System.Windows.Markup.IStyleConnector, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Windows.DependencyObject>, System.Windows.UncommonField`1<System.Collections.Hashtable>)
    System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.LoadContent(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Collections.Generic.List`1<System.Windows.DependencyObject>)
    System.Windows.StyleHelper.ApplyTemplateContent(System.Windows.UncommonField`1<System.Collections.Specialized.HybridDictionary[]>, System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.FrameworkElementFactory, Int32, System.Collections.Specialized.HybridDictionary, System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate)
    System.Windows.FrameworkTemplate.ApplyTemplateContent(System.Windows.UncommonField`1<System.Collections.Specialized.HybridDictionary[]>, System.Windows.FrameworkElement)
    System.Windows.FrameworkElement.ApplyTemplate()
    System.Windows.FrameworkElement.MeasureCore(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.UIElement.Measure(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.Border.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.Control.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.StackPanel.StackMeasureHelper(System.Windows.Controls.IStackMeasure, System.Windows.Controls.IStackMeasureScrollData, System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.StackPanel.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    MS.Internal.Helper.MeasureElementWithSingleChild(System.Windows.UIElement, System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.ItemsPresenter.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    MS.Internal.Helper.MeasureElementWithSingleChild(System.Windows.UIElement, System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.ScrollContentPresenter.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCell(Int32, Boolean)
    System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureCellsGroup(Int32, System.Windows.Size, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean ByRef)
    System.Windows.Controls.Grid.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.ScrollViewer.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.Border.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.Decorator.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Documents.AdornerDecorator.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.Decorator.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.PopupRoot.MeasureOverride(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.SetLayoutSize()
    System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.set_RootVisualInternal(System.Windows.Media.Visual)
    System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.SetRootVisualToPopupRoot()
    System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.CreateWindow(Boolean)
    System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.OnIsOpenChanged(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.DependencyObject.OnPropertyChanged(System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.FrameworkElement.OnPropertyChanged(System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(System.Windows.EntryIndex, System.Windows.DependencyProperty, System.Windows.PropertyMetadata, System.Windows.EffectiveValueEntry, System.Windows.EffectiveValueEntry ByRef, Boolean, Boolean, System.Windows.OperationType)
    System.Windows.DependencyObject.InvalidateProperty(System.Windows.DependencyProperty, Boolean)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.Invalidate(Boolean)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.TransferValue(System.Object, Boolean)
    MS.Internal.Data.ClrBindingWorker.NewValueAvailable(Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
    MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.UpdateSourceValueState(Int32, System.ComponentModel.ICollectionView, System.Object, Boolean)
    MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.OnDependencyPropertyChanged(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.DependencyProperty, Boolean)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.HandlePropertyInvalidation(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpressionBase.OnPropertyInvalidation(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.OnPropertyInvalidation(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.DependentList.InvalidateDependents(System.Windows.DependencyObject, System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.DependencyObject.NotifyPropertyChange(System.Windows.DependencyPropertyChangedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.DependencyObject.UpdateEffectiveValue(System.Windows.EntryIndex, System.Windows.DependencyProperty, System.Windows.PropertyMetadata, System.Windows.EffectiveValueEntry, System.Windows.EffectiveValueEntry ByRef, Boolean, Boolean, System.Windows.OperationType)
    System.Windows.DependencyObject.SetValueCommon(System.Windows.DependencyProperty, System.Object, System.Windows.PropertyMetadata, Boolean, Boolean, System.Windows.OperationType, Boolean)
    MS.Internal.Data.PropertyPathWorker.SetValue(System.Object, System.Object)
    System.Windows.Data.BindingExpression.UpdateSource(System.Object)

Informations sur l'exception : System.NullReferenceException
    System.Windows.Controls.Primitives.Popup.OnWindowResize(System.Object, System.Windows.AutoResizedEventArgs)
    System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.Resize(System.Windows.Size)
    System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.OnLayoutUpdated(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
    System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.fireLayoutUpdateEvent()
    System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayout()
    System.Windows.ContextLayoutManager.UpdateLayoutCallback(System.Object)
    System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.FireInvokeOnRenderCallbacks()
    System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandlerCore(System.Object)
    System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.RenderMessageHandler(System.Object)
    System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
    MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
    System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
    System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
    System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
    System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
    MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
    System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
    System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
    MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
    MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
    System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
    System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
    System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
    ArmyEditor.App.Main()

--- End quote ---

It happens when I do the following:

- Open army file BigArmy.xml (attached)
- I click on the Accurcy list box of the "1234" unit

Note that I have a test.txt custom accuracy file (attached). It is a copy of Pistol.txt that I have modified using the accuracy editor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version