Pacific Tide by Compass Games AAR

Started by airboy, November 02, 2019, 03:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

Pacific Tide is a grand strategy World War 2 Pacific Theater campaign.  The movement, attacks, and unit placement are all driven by cards which specify what can be done on a turn.

Pacific Tide has an excellent "bot" system which can be used for solo play.  I'm playing the US & Commonwealth forces against the Japanese Empire starting in 1941.  The war in China, Burma, and India is not considered.  The game focuses on the air, naval, and amphibious warfare in the Pacific.

Combat is simultaneous.  I'm not providing a detailed rules breakdown.  I played the game on tabletop but am illustrating the progress of the war using the Vassal software instead of taking and editing photos of my tabletop game.  The game is deadly.  On most combat rolls there is damage on 50% of the results.

These are the start positions:

I've posted the rest of 1941 if you are interested at my blog.

See: https://averysgameblog.wordpress.com/2019/11/02/pacific-tide-by-compass-games-after-action-report/

JasonPratt

Nifty! -- keep us updated when you get more years added, too!  O0
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

airboy

Unfortunately, the table got bumped and I had to put this up.  I've played this to conclusion several times and it is an excellent game.

W8taminute

It looks like an excellent game.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to have to check this out.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk