Digital Gaming > Ally/Opponent Finder

Proposal: Hegemony PBEM Game

<< < (3/5) > >>

Tripoli:

--- Quote from: Vanguars on November 04, 2020, 08:46:10 AM ---The Georgetown Wargaming Society sent me to this thread - I'm an instructor who is doing playthroughs of Hedgemony to see if it meets lesson objectives or can be adapted.  I own a copy of the game and have already run two partial games.  I would be interested in helping out this effort and might be able to wrangle in some facilitators/adjudicators if we get to that point.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much!  Right now, we are still short of the number of players we would need.  However, that may change.  I will definitely keep you in mind!

Redleg82:
I'd be very interested in taking part in testing Hegemony if you are still looking for players - I'm a former US Army officer and Foreign Service Officer, and have a good amount of gaming experience.  Thanks in advance.

Tripoli:

--- Quote from: Redleg82 on November 09, 2020, 07:28:18 AM ---I'd be very interested in taking part in testing Hegemony if you are still looking for players - I'm a former US Army officer and Foreign Service Officer, and have a good amount of gaming experience.  Thanks in advance.

--- End quote ---

Thank YOu!  I'm still gathering names, but we are getting closer to making this a "go"!   :)

JasonPratt:
Before I really sign up for it, I think I'd need a better idea of why professional military experience is recommended. Because I have none, at all. ;) So I don't want to get involved in something where I'm only going to be a dragging block to other players.

I'd still want to watch the discussions and read the DARs/AARs of course.

Tripoli:

--- Quote from: JasonPratt on November 09, 2020, 09:54:37 AM ---Before I really sign up for it, I think I'd need a better idea of why professional military experience is recommended. Because I have none, at all. ;) So I don't want to get involved in something where I'm only going to be a dragging block to other players.

I'd still want to watch the discussions and read the DARs/AARs of course.

--- End quote ---

Jason- In my proposal I recommended military/national security experience or significant gaming experience because I am intending to run this as a near professional-level wargame, so experience in the military or national security fields would be useful, as it gives the player some background in how things work in the area.  However, simply having significant gaming experience is also acceptable, as I have found that frequently talented amateurs can be really creative.  Gamers in particular frequently have a way of pulling a system apart, figuring out how it works, then proceeding to come up with innovative ways of breaking it.  Frequently, their "out of the box" thinking gives the pros and their plans the proverbial "monkey wrench".  Ideally, the team of players would be a mix of both types: something in the neighborhood of a 75-25 or 66-33% split between the two

You would certainly be welcome to play.  Your knowledge of the social sciences and gaming experience would definitely qualify you as a talented amateur.  Hell, I'd personally say you are ahead of a significant number of national security "professionals" I've worked with (and sadly in some cases, for).   :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version