Warhammer 40,000 in VR!

Started by Jarhead0331, December 08, 2020, 01:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^That trailer is what I imagine your dreams to be like every night.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 08, 2020, 02:18:37 PM
^That trailer is what I imagine your dreams to be like every night.

Much more sex and nudity in my dreams.

So far it is pretty much what I expected. It's a mixed bag as far as graphics, effects and sounds. Some of the character models and environments are really great and immersive. Others...not so much. Still, for me, this is much more a proof of concept. Warhammer 40K in VR done right would be absolutely glorious.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Why do all 40k games look like shiite? Is it because they always farm the ip out to low budget indy studios?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

^As i said, its not all "shiite"...some of it is quite good.  Particularly the models of the Sisters and some of the weapons, but yes...some of it is "shiite" too. Keep in mind, it is VR, so it's never going to look as sharp is it would on a 4k monitor. In addition, it is for Quest, so it has to be able to manage strong framerates without the PC link. This also results in lower graphics fidelity.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Destraex

Yeah after I replied to this I realised it was in the vr section.
I would with regard to all 40k games wish the games workshop guys would sink some real money into a definitive pc game perhaps in the vein of star citizen. You know, something that brought the community together. Dawn of War 1 is, I think, the only 40k game I can say that about. Maybe battle fleet gothic 2 as well. VR, don't have it and not interested until it comes of age and I can afford a rig and headset to run it as well as perhaps a lot of lack of family to seal myself inside the headset for hours.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

I'm rather enjoying this one. It's a simple game that boils down to pretty much a wave corridor shooter, but it is fun and 40k in VR is just awesome.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

Des have you tried Space Marine? I loved that game and I'm just a casual WH40k nerd.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd