Kasserine: Ziegler's Solution: Sunrise: Feb 17

Started by MengJiao, February 21, 2021, 02:56:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MengJiao

I thought things would go slightly better for the Axis with Ziegler and Commando Supremo on the same page.  In a misguided attempt to "simplify" I had the 3 US battalions by Faid pass reduced to minor inconveniences and  had the two crappy infantry battalions (as Orange South Africans from Brazen Chariots) back with the rest of CCA.  Well, with various SNAFUs and so on, CCA turned on its tormentors and gave KG Stinkoff a very hard time indeed.  But...be that as it may, with the Allies strung out all over and DAK about to turn up...maybe Ziegler will win a win by heading for Le Kef.  Anyway, here's the scene at dawn around Sbeilta:

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 21, 2021, 02:56:09 PM
Anyway, here's the scene at dawn around Sbeilta:

And a day later (Feb 18) DAK is on schedule more or less behind the US troops in Sbeilta, so crushing the US at Sbeilta may be the best option...though it didn't work last time.  Still, after a few turns of bad rolls, it might be time for the Axis luck to change.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on February 23, 2021, 01:33:38 PM
Quote from: MengJiao on February 21, 2021, 02:56:09 PM
Anyway, here's the scene at dawn around Sbeilta:

And a day later (Feb 18) DAK is on schedule more or less behind the US troops in Sbeilta, so crushing the US at Sbeilta may be the best option...though it didn't work last time.  Still, after a few turns of bad rolls, it might be time for the Axis luck to change.

Axis luck didn't change; it only got worse.  All of 10th Panzer went after Kef el Ahmar and failed to take the place and also lost heavily against CCB and the British Guards Brigade.  For a little bit, it looked like a win for Ziegler up there, but no -- KG Gerhardt's promising hook got chopped up and I gave up.