Grogheads Under New Management

Started by Jarhead0331, March 31, 2021, 10:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

To all of our loyal members:

The last 10 years at Grogheads have represented a long and strange journey. Along the way, we've had many ups and downs, made many friends around the world (and probably some enemies too) and shared so much about our lives, interests and hobbies.  However, circumstances require that Gus and I move on to greener pastures.  As such, an opportunity presented itself that we simply could not pass up and we have made the decision to sell Grogheads to Froghead Industries. Many of you may not have heard of this company, but they are a leading retailer of sound systems for UTVs, ATVs, tractors and Golf Carts. The web address will remain the same for now, but the branding and marketing will all change a little by rolling back the "G" in Grogheads by one letter to an "F" for Frogheads.  We know this will likely represent a dynamic shift in content on both the front page, as well as in the forums, but we are confident that you can all still rely on the website as a source for news, feedback and community, so long as you do not mind discussing audio technology for side by side utility and off-road vehicles. We feel that this industry has potential cross-over with wargaming, military strategy and simulation, and therefore will represent a very natural transition.

Thanks again for the good times and for all the memories.

We ask that you give a warm welcome the new administrators and forum moderators and we hope to hear from you all at some point in the future.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Anguille

Pete Dero

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 31, 2021, 10:26:43 PM
However, circumstances require that Gus and I move on to greener pastures. 

The dog of a friend of mine went there and was never heard from again ...

Congratulations with your new life choices on this first of April.
I hope you and Gus will be happy together there :2funny:.

Tripoli

You got me.  I'm not normally this gullible.   I plead having insufficient caffeine in my system when I read this at 0430 ;D
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Staggerwing

So... does that mean I'm not really going to get any forum advice on installing that new 800 watt Blaupunkt in-dash with Dolby Atmos in my trusty old Cushman Truckster?  :(
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Anguille

I've also decided to stop playing strategy games alltogher and will focus my time on my new passion for the SIMs

Gusington

Froghead is also a leading international producer of UTI medication.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

jamus34

Insert witty comment here.

Michael Dorosh

As I'm leaving for work my neighbour pokes her head out the window and asks if I heard those noises in the middle of the night. Seems there were two guys trying to break into my backyard.  Stupid thing is I was well aware of the date, but fell for it anyway.

W8taminute

I almost feel for this (actually I'm still trying to wrap my head around it). 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

bobarossa

So will the new admins be named Jughead and Fussington?

Sir Slash

Sorry if I spoiled the surprise last pm. I was in Total Denial Mode when I read it.  :timeout:   In a related note, after much reflection and inner turmoil, I have decided to have a Sex-Change Operation and hereafter I would like to be known as, 'Shirley Slash', pronounced, 'Surely', as in, 'Surely your not serious'. Happy April Fool's Day Frogheads.  :2funny:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: bobarossa on April 01, 2021, 10:25:29 AM
So will the new admins be named Jughead and Fussington?

Close...Farhead and Fusington.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18