ISO: Windows 7 non-OEM key

Started by steve58, June 23, 2021, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

So, my sister's laptop HD died. She never made a recovery disk or backed anything up. ::)  I've got a new HD in it, and am trying to reload the original OS which was Windows 7 Home Premium (to hopefully upgrade to Windows 10x32).  Laptop is an ASUS X53E from many years ago; bought at Best Buy I think.  She never used it much, but wants it back up and running.  ASUS ain't doing much in way of support...no more Win7 Recovery Disks. >:(

I know I can download ISO versions of Windows from MS, but since it was an OEM, her OS key won't work.

If anyone has an old non-OEM Windows 7 Basic/Premium key, they'd be willing to part with, let me know; maybe we can work $omething out.

Thanks....
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Staggerwing

While you are looking for a key you can reset the 30 day activation period a few times if you run the command line as admin (right click on the CMD icon and pick 'run as admin', then enter "slmgr -rearm" (w/out the quotes). Restart and get another 30 days. I think you can do this 2-3 times before it stops working.

There are, of course, several ways to permanently activate Win 7 that I won't link to because they are shady and might violate the TOS here. However, as Fox Mulder says: "They are out there..."
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

steve58

Yeah, but she's not too tech savvy so I don't think I want her to even know about the cmd command.  My ultimate goal is to get her laptop running Windows 10.  I've read that even if it never gets properly activated, Windows 10 will still run fine and will update.  It only gets hobbled a little like not being able to change the background screen and some nagging.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)