About 8,000 US troops are deploying to secure evacuations from Kabul

Started by Lowenstaat, August 12, 2021, 10:06:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on August 15, 2021, 12:35:34 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 15, 2021, 11:26:12 AM

Keep this discussion non-political and focused on the strategic aspect. Period.

theres no strategy left to discuss.  the US is leaving and after 20 years of support and training the Afgans are collapsing.  the taliban are going to take over and thats that. 
the idea that you can separate this event from any political fallout is naive to say the least.

The idea that you can make an intelligent comment without referring to the "orange idiot" was naive to say the least.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

yawn.....  keep it strategic JH.
oh right, you take everything personally.   :idiot2:
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

with any luck all western people and forces will be out as soon as possible and that stinking hole of a country can go back to being irrelevant again.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gusington

The Taliban appear to have hired new marketers. They're releasing statements saying how they won't harm anyone as they enter cities. I hope all Westerners that want to get the hell out of there, can...as quickly as they can.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

It didn't help that the former Afghan President just up and left for Tajikistan...no peace talks, no transitional government, no government staff or troops at their posts...total and complete collapse. With 1000s of Westerners left in the country. The US embassy is now closed and the flag has come down.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

but I have good news Gus.

the wife found a brand new 13 episode season of Animaniacs on Hulu.
so we can at least laugh while the world burns.   :2funny:

Gusington

^I binged all 13 of those last night  >:(

Impossible not to compare this to Saigon, I think. But I have also noticed an absence of video or digital pics coming out.

Not sure if it's because of the speed of events on the ground or if there is a blackout, or both.

Reporters are saying that the entire city of Kabul collectively shit itself this morning as the first Taliban entered and the panic has swelled.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

I think the taliban will try to leave US forces alone.  they know we dont give a shit about their country and they also know that killing Americans tend to galvanize us when it comes to killing them.

Gusington

^Yeah it would put everything the Taliban are trying to do in jeopardy by engaging US troops.

More good news! Moscow is trying to convene an emergency UN Security Council meeting to address the 'Afghan problem.'

Soviet salvation!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

3000 more combat troops with air support are not a thing the talis are going to lean into.
and I couldnt ask for more if it does indeed become a russian problem.

steve58

Quote from: Gusington on August 15, 2021, 01:23:46 PM
^Yeah it would put everything the Taliban are trying to do in jeopardy by engaging US troops.

More good news! Moscow is trying to convene an emergency UN Security Council meeting to address the 'Afghan problem.'

Soviet salvation!

Seems like I remember them (Soviets/Russians) already having their shot at Afghanistan. Turned out as well for them as for USA...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

GDS_Starfury