Ridiculously Good Reaper Minis Kickstarter

Started by Arctic Blast, August 25, 2012, 12:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arctic Blast

It's almost over. And it's insane.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-an-evolution-of-gaming-min

They hoped to raise $30,000 for some new molds for their Bones line. They've topped $2.6 million. They've hit so many stretch goals that the base Vampire level buy in has become ridiculous.

It costs $100. Initially, that got you 60 minis and a special pre-paint Sophie mini of some girl on a bike.

NOW that same $100 gets you 225 minis and the Sophie one. And you can exchange her for more minis.

I don't paint minis and have no idea what the Hell I would even do with these and yet I'm still considering this.

Here's the image of what you get at that level. And if that isn't enough, there are a pile more.  :o

Barthheart

Holy Crap!!!  :o

Free shipping to Canada too!  8)

Man, I've got 11 hours to deside.... like you Arctic I have no idea what I'd do with most of those but I do have some ideas for some of them......

:o

TheCommandTent

Thats an incredible deal.  Unfortunately looking through the minis there I would probably only end up needing a handful of them as well.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

LongBlade

Wow. That is so tempting.

And congratulations to Reaper for a mind-boggling success on Kickstarter!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bayonetbrant

I would find a way to use them all, I just don't have a spare $100 laying around right now, and hoarding the cash towards a reserve fund until I can find my next job.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Arctic Blast

Well, they ended up clearing $3 mil and adding a few more minis to the lot in the form of Necromancers.

I didn't go in for it, though. I just couldn't come up with a reason to actually buy them.

LongBlade

Quote from: Arctic Blast on August 25, 2012, 07:26:40 PM
Well, they ended up clearing $3 mil and adding a few more minis to the lot in the form of Necromancers.

I didn't go in for it, though. I just couldn't come up with a reason to actually buy them.

I would love to have been in this, but can't justify $100 worth of generic fantasy minis. If I were running a kick ass group of D&D players, that would be different. But right now, that $100 can be better spent on helping DV8 justify his $7 Star Fleet Battles purchase.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.