Another minis game to check out

Started by bayonetbrant, January 08, 2013, 10:00:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bob48

I've looked at this a few times and been tempted by it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

LongBlade

Quote from: bob48 on January 08, 2013, 02:29:59 PM
I've looked at this a few times and been tempted by it.

Get a move on it and let us know how it plays!
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

bob48

Would like to, but I have a post-christmas cash-flow crisis  :(
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Jack Nastyface

There is a review of this and some other WWII squad-based rules in a recent edition of Wargames Soldiers and Strategy magazine
(http://www.wssmagazine.com/cms/issues/wargames-soldiers-strategy-60).

IABSM rates fairly well.  IIRC, The Two Fat Lardies tend to focus their games on morale, command and control aspect of fighting rather than on the tools of war.
Now, the problem is, how to divide five Afghans from three mules and have two Englishmen left over.

TheCommandTent

Why don't you get it Brant and then let us know how it plays.  Save us all a couple bucks. :)
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

yeah - 'cuz I don't have anything else going on :P
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

Quote from: TheCommandTent on January 08, 2013, 07:37:54 PM
Why don't you get it Brant and then let us know how it plays.  Save us all a couple bucks. :)

Charlie don't surf, Bran't don't do pewter.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on January 08, 2013, 07:41:59 PM
yeah - 'cuz I don't have anything else going on :P

What, its not like you have a new job, have a website to run and are busy trolling the net for pics to mock LB's aquaman fetish.    ;D
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."