Kesseldorf 1745 battle in the snow

Started by nevermore, February 12, 2013, 06:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermore

Kesseldorf 1745 battle in the snow

Date:  15th December 1745.

Place:  On the Elbe River in Saxony, North of Dresden.

War:  The Second Silesian War.

Contestants:  Prussians against a Saxon Army supported by an Austrian contingent.

Generals:  Prince Leopold Max of Anhalt-Dessau, the 'Old Dessauer' commanding the Prussian Army against Field Marshall Frederick Rutowsky, commanding the Saxon Army and General Grϋnne, commanding the Austrians.

Size of the Armies:  Prussians:  21,000 infantry, 9,000 cavalry and 33 guns (not including light battalion guns): Saxons and Austrians: 24,000 infantry, 7,000 cavalry and 42 guns.

"A crown is merely a hat that lets the rain in."

images

"The greatest and noblest pleasure which men can have in this world is to discover new truths; and the next is to shake off old prejudices."

online photo storage

"A man who seeks truth and loves it must be reckoned precious to any human society"

upload pics

"He who defends everything defends nothing."

photo storage

"The truth is always the strongest argument. Sophocles Truth is a thing immortal and perpetual, and it gives to us a beauty that fades not away in time."

upload pics

"A German singer! I should as soon expect to get pleasure from the neighing of my horse."

picture sharing

"The greatest and noblest pleasure which we have in this world is to discover new truths, and the next is to shake off old prejudices."

photo sharing

"What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?"

photo sharing

"I begin by taking. I shall find scholars later to demonstrate my perfect right."

online photo sharing

"Religion is the idol of the mob; it adores everything it does not understand."

photo hosting sites

"By push of bayonets, no firing till you see the whites of their eyes"

photo storage

"My people and I have come to an agreement which satisfied us both. They are to say what they please, and I am to do what I please."

free image hosting

"Superstition is the weakness of the human mind; it is inherent in that mind; it has always been, and always will be"

photo uploader

"If my soldiers were to begin to think, not one would remain in the ranks"

online photo storage

"Don't forget your great guns which are the most respectable arguments of the rights of kings"

photo uploader

"Artillery lends dignity to what might otherwise be a vulgar brawl"

image sharing

online photo storage

image hosting sites

All Frederick the Great quotes. 82 photos updated on the website enjoy.

http://grimsbywargamessociety.webs.com/

TheCommandTent

Excellent looking game.  You guys modeled the snow very well on the terrain!
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."