War of the fifth Coalition

Started by nevermore, February 26, 2013, 06:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nevermore

War of the fifth Coalition. Another 68 photos uploaded on the main website enjoy.

The War of the Fifth Coalition, fought in the year 1809, pitted a coalition of the Austrian Empire and the United Kingdom against Napoleon's French Empire and Bavaria. Major engagements between France and Austria, the main participants, unfolded over much of Central Europe from April to July, with very high casualty rates. Britain, already involved on the European continent in the ongoing Peninsular War, sent another expedition, the Walcheren Campaign, to the Netherlands in order to relieve the Austrians, although this effort had little impact on the outcome of the conflict. After much campaigning in Bavaria and across the Danube valley, the war ended favourably for the French after the bloody struggle at Wagram in early July.

photo storage

upload pics

picture sharing

pic hosting

free image hosting

online photo sharing

online photo sharing

http://grimsbywargamessociety.webs.com/

besilarius

Wonderful set.  Cannot tell you how visually it is so stunning.
Two questions:  Which rules are you using?
How do you keep all the bayonets straight? 
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

bayonetbrant

I want one of these hats for my birthday
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

nevermore

Think the lads at the club look after them as these are very old figures, the rules i think were "In the Grand Manner" for this game TABLE WAS 22 FOOT LONG 6 FOOT WIDE, TOOK PHOTOS OF THE INSIDE OF THE CLUB LAST NIGHT AND WILL POST THEM UP ONCE I HAVE DRAGGED THEM OUT OF THE CAM.

CHEERS MALC.

TheCommandTent

Another great collection of photos.  The detail on the uniforms is very well done.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."