Pictures of your recent tabletop games...

Started by TheCommandTent, March 28, 2012, 07:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

A picture from about a month ago I was able to break out my Viking and Saxon figures for a small skirmish game.

"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Bison on May 25, 2012, 09:10:18 PM
^ What game is that?

I was using a modified version of Age of Blood: 2nd Edition rules.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

TheCommandTent

Yesterday evening got in some boardgaming with friends.  Here are a couple shots from a game called Kingdom Builder

bayonetbrant

^^ how is that one - it keeps taunting me at my FLGS
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 15, 2012, 09:38:52 PM
^^ how is that one - it keeps taunting me at my FLGS

Its simple but fun with a decent amount of re-playability.  The game says it good for 2-4 but its better with 3 or 4.  A good game to play with the family. 

DV8

This is a lovely French town that LB, George and I battled over in FoW.  I was controlling the US 7th Armored Division.  I'm not sure exactly what LB and George were controlling, but it had plenty of Panthers and Tigers in the force.

"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Bison

Wow.  I really need to make it to C-ville.

TheCommandTent

Great looking table set up DV8!  You guys are luck to have a store to play in and people to game with regularly!

DV8

I mostly play with LB. Our "flexible" work schedules make it possible and we both have this ADHD gaming addiction.

Livin the dream in the great Commonwealth.

DV8

These pics are from my last 40K battle at our FLGS.  The heroic Blood Angels and Dark Angels were defending this town against the Ork horde.

TheCommandTent

I've never had the urge to play 40k but the table looks cool.

DV8

Quote from: TheCommandTent on September 28, 2012, 06:33:58 PM
I've never had the urge to play 40k but the table looks cool.

With my increased appetite for historical gaming & hex driven board games 40K has taken a backseat.  The new 6th edition rules have brought my love of the game back.  It's also the most popular game at our FLGS so getting a game is easy.  Crazy stuff can happen in a game which is a nice breather from more realistic games.

TheCommandTent

Sitting down to try and learn LnL: Band of Heroes.  (Also a shameless GrogHeads merch. plug)  ;D   I muddled through the scenario and as you can see had the rule book open to answer questions.  I liked what I saw but now I want to go back and reread the rule book to see all the things I did wrong.

Arctic Blast

What's that clear container you're using to hold counters in that shot, Tent?