Pictures of your recent tabletop games...

Started by TheCommandTent, March 28, 2012, 07:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 05, 2012, 06:24:41 PM
What's that clear container you're using to hold counters in that shot, Tent?

Just a small storage container I found at my local Wal-Mart.  It was in the craft section near where all the beads and make your own jewelry stuff is.  There was just enough room to store all the counters and divide them up.  Best of all it fits perfectly inside the game box along with the maps, scenario cards etc.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Arctic Blast

Quote from: TheCommandTent on October 05, 2012, 08:59:45 PM

Just a small storage container I found at my local Wal-Mart.  It was in the craft section near where all the beads and make your own jewelry stuff is.  There was just enough room to store all the counters and divide them up.  Best of all it fits perfectly inside the game box along with the maps, scenario cards etc.

Very cool. It can be tough to find containers that will fit in short war game boxes, so that's handy. I'll have to keep my eyes open for something similar.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Arctic Blast on October 06, 2012, 12:19:42 AM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on October 05, 2012, 08:59:45 PM

Very cool. It can be tough to find containers that will fit in short war game boxes, so that's handy. I'll have to keep my eyes open for something similar.

I took measurements of the space left in the box and was going around Wal-Mart measuring every box/container that I could find until I found this one.  I got lucky with it as it fit with 1/8 of an inch clearance once inside the game box.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Bison

I'd got to a sporting goods store and hit the fishing section.  There are a ton of small and different size tackle holders that might work in the same manner.

Ubercat

I've found GMT's counter trays to be useful. I bought a pack of 10 and now have about 2 that haven't been utilized yet. 2 or 3 fit fine in the LnL:BoH box, although I'm using about 6-7 for all my LnL counters. I have several expansions as well as the base game. 3 trays in the box probably means that you can't close the lid all the way, but do you really need to if you're being somewhat careful?

I just take the map sections and counter trays that I expect to be using and if I'm playing at home it doesn't even matter.

Trays at GMT http://www.gmtgames.com/p-173-counter-trays-10.aspx

...and at NWS http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/cotrpaof10gb.html
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Bison on October 06, 2012, 08:21:36 AM
I'd got to a sporting goods store and hit the fishing section.  There are a ton of small and different size tackle holders that might work in the same manner.

Ah yes, the world of Plano. Just about every damn board game I own has at least one of those in the box.  ;D

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Ubercat on October 08, 2012, 09:59:17 AM
I've found GMT's counter trays to be useful. I bought a pack of 10 and now have about 2 that haven't been utilized yet. 2 or 3 fit fine in the LnL:BoH box, although I'm using about 6-7 for all my LnL counters. I have several expansions as well as the base game. 3 trays in the box probably means that you can't close the lid all the way, but do you really need to if you're being somewhat careful?

I just take the map sections and counter trays that I expect to be using and if I'm playing at home it doesn't even matter.

Trays at GMT http://www.gmtgames.com/p-173-counter-trays-10.aspx

...and at NWS http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/cotrpaof10gb.html

Awesome I didn't know you could buy them separately.  :-[

TheCommandTent

Even when the power goes out boardgames can still be played by candlelight.  Here is me playing LnL Band of Heroes by candlelight after Hurricane Sandy.

bayonetbrant

^ I hope you were playing night-time scenarios
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

TheCommandTent

Quote from: bayonetbrant on November 07, 2012, 10:14:04 PM
^ I hope you were playing night-time scenarios

As it turned out I did.  The overall ambiance was perfect for the scenarios.  I think I played the one pictured three different times.  Each time different than the others.  It was a great solo scenario.

Arctic Blast

LOL, do you have enough dice?  ;D

Is that the scenario of the night drop with random unit generation? That one's a blast.

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 07, 2012, 10:57:06 PM

Is that the scenario of the night drop with random unit generation? That one's a blast.

Can one ever have enough dice?  ::)

Actually I don't like the dice that came with the game so I am using some of my own.  Yes it is the night drop scenario with random unit generation and I agree it is a blast.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 07, 2012, 11:32:19 PM

Actually I don't like the dice that came with the game so I am using some of my own.  Yes it is the night drop scenario with random unit generation and I agree it is a blast.

Oh, nothing wrong with a lot of dice. I have 3 of those little packs of D6's and a dice bag absolutely overflowing with sets. Just kind of funny for this game.  :D

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Arctic Blast on November 08, 2012, 04:01:49 PM
Quote from: TheCommandTent on November 07, 2012, 11:32:19 PM

Oh, nothing wrong with a lot of dice. I have 3 of those little packs of D6's and a dice bag absolutely overflowing with sets. Just kind of funny for this game.  :D

Go big or go home is what I say :)

TheCommandTent

My wife got me Memoir '44 for Christmas along with the promise to try at least one scenario with me.  We finally sat down tonight for the 'promised' scenario.  Needless to say she beat me ... no, destroyed me.  It wasn't even close.  I couldn't roll to save my life and every die she rolled inflicted damage.  I swear she loaded the dice.  Sorry but no pictures because I don't want any evidence.   :-[

The only good to come from this humiliation is that she said she had fun and wants to play again.   My evil plan is working.... I think...   8)