Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

Kiss that digital birdie for me.  :-* 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Axeking240

Check the steam page - has updated contents, and the offical release date!

Jan 31, 2023 confirmed.  ;)

There's also a great teaser video in the steam news page. Just to help you all wait for another 7 weeks...

Store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148490/Second_Front/

And Dev news: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1148490/view/5921701621725341286

Let the celebrations begin  <:-)

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Axeking240 on December 15, 2022, 02:59:09 PM
Check the steam page - has updated contents, and the offical release date!

Jan 31, 2023 confirmed.  ;)

There's also a great teaser video in the steam news page. Just to help you all wait for another 7 weeks...

Store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1148490/Second_Front/

And Dev news: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1148490/view/5921701621725341286

Let the celebrations begin  <:-)

Good news, been waiting for this one...

acctingman

Waiting for this one too, but I need to see reviews before I buy.

Oh, SNAP! You can create your own maps and scenarios?? Well, unless the reviews are bad, I might be buying this sooner than I thought.

Looking on their Steam page I see it's Americans, Germans and Russians, but what's the time frame? 44'-45'?

Axeking240

Quote from: acctingman on December 15, 2022, 05:55:25 PM

Oh, SNAP! You can create your own maps and scenarios?? Well, unless the reviews are bad, I might be buying this sooner than I thought.

Looking on their Steam page I see it's Americans, Germans and Russians, but what's the time frame? 44'-45'?

It covers Sep 39 to May 45. Obviously the Americans weren't involved all the way through, and Russians didn't start fighting Germany until 1941, so with current forces, you can cover 1941 to the end of the war in Europe.

acctingman

Quote from: Axeking240 on December 16, 2022, 03:34:35 AM
Quote from: acctingman on December 15, 2022, 05:55:25 PM

It covers Sep 39 to May 45. Obviously the Americans weren't involved all the way through, and Russians didn't start fighting Germany until 1941, so with current forces, you can cover 1941 to the end of the war in Europe.

Nice! That's not bad.

Does anyone know if the developer plans on any expansions/DLC's?

Is this gaming going to be moddable like Battle Academy? It would be neat to see other units made for the game if possible.

Axeking240

Answers to questions are also appearing on steam. Just copying here for convienience :-)

There are definitely plans for more content ( adding new nations, and new theaters to fight in). Some will probably be DLC, others may be updates to the base game.

Specifics as to what and when will eventually be announced - watch the Dev Notes for this info.

Modding currently isn't specifically planned for, but there are ways that certain aspects can be tweaked.

Oche

Quote from: Axeking240 on December 16, 2022, 04:03:06 PM
Answers to questions are also appearing on steam. Just copying here for convienience :-)

There are definitely plans for more content ( adding new nations, and new theaters to fight in). Some will probably be DLC, others may be updates to the base game.

Specifics as to what and when will eventually be announced - watch the Dev Notes for this info.

Modding currently isn't specifically planned for, but there are ways that certain aspects can be tweaked.

I will buy it from release, regardless of initial reviews just to support it. I got very high hopes with this one. I bet it will breakthru on the wargame tactical turn base genre, just like Steel Panthers I & II did in the mid 90s.

I just hope at some point it gets mod friendly enough (if not from release) to get rid a bit of the cartoonish look, like the popeye goon faces of the soldiers  ;). Oh, and also looking forward to add the historically correct flags and banners, not the PC BS flags.

SlagDog

Quote from: Oche on December 20, 2022, 11:21:59 AM

I will buy it from release, regardless of initial reviews just to support it. I got very high hopes with this one. I bet it will breakthru on the wargame tactical turn base genre, just like Steel Panthers I & II did in the mid 90s.

I just hope at some point it gets mod friendly enough (if not from release) to get rid a bit of the cartoonish look, like the popeye goon faces of the soldiers  ;). Oh, and also looking forward to add the historically correct flags and banners, not the PC BS flags.

+1

I'm just hoping for solid tactical gameplay. That is what I'm waiting for.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Oche

Zulu1966

Quote from: Oche on December 20, 2022, 11:21:59 AM

I am pretty sure this was developed in unity and the graphics are paid for package not built from scratch. Probably had to do to make it doable for a one man show. Not a fan myself but given this is a one man show what he has achieved seems pretty remarkable to me. So day 1 purchase for me.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Sir Slash

I agree. I guess I didn't realize, or forgot, that apparently this game is a two-man creation? Is that still correct? Remarkable work if it's true. And it's got....T-35's, the ones with about 7 cannons and 20 MG's.  :D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jo B

Quote from: Sir Slash on December 24, 2022, 11:07:26 AM
I agree. I guess I didn't realize, or forgot, that apparently this game is a two-man creation? Is that still correct? Remarkable work if it's true. And it's got....T-35's, the ones with about 7 cannons and 20 MG's.  :D

yes, this is done by me the coder and all artwork is done from scratch by a Graphics Artist, the second man on the team. Additional graphics are added by others.
the T35 will show up later and will not be in the release.