Customer support - a little rant / Advice wanted

Started by Tosh, July 30, 2015, 04:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tosh

Hello everyone,

I don´t want to bore you with my little gaming problems, but I raise this thread to get (hopefully) an advice from you.

On July 11th I purchased "Congo Merc" (PC version) published by Hexwar.
For unknown reasons the game refuse to start on my computer (win7, 32bit).
The same day I submitted a helpdesk ticket, reporting my problem.
On July 13th I submitted my 2nd helpdesk ticket, as the first one was unresponded (due to weekend)
The next day I got a reply to the second ticket, stating that the game should run on a win7 / 32 bit operating sytem, and that they will have a look at it.
On July 27, without any further news, I submittted a third ticket, asking for a refund.
Today, July 30, I´m still waiting for a reply to this ticket.

I´m runnning a little out of ideas about what to do next. I just wrote them, that I still like to get a response to my request, and also that I know its the holiday season here in Europe.
But honestly I feel a bit disregarded and left alone.

undercovergeek

whats the tech problem stopping you from playing?

Tosh

Nobody knows.

When I try to launch the game, I get an error message stating that the game isn´t compatible with my operating system, and that I should contact the developer of the software about this issue.

undercovergeek

can you change the compatibility in the properties?

Tosh

UCG: Thanks for trying to help.

In the error message I´m asked to check whether I need a 32 bit or a 64 bit version of the software (Congo Merc) that I´m trying to run.

I checked, but the game also won´t run in compatible mode to vista. (xp isn´t available).

One more thing: on the product page isn´t stated, that a specific operating sytem is required.

Huw the Poo

Can you take a screenshot of what happens when you try to run it?  Did you download it from the vendor, and if so, how sure are you that you downloaded the 32-bit version?

panzerde

^ This. It really does sound like you have the wrong executable for your processor architecture.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Tosh

Quote from: Huw the Poo on July 30, 2015, 07:05:22 PM
Can you take a screenshot of what happens when you try to run it?  Did you download it from the vendor, and if so, how sure are you that you downloaded the 32-bit version?

This is the error message I get:

The German text roughly translate to this:

The version of the data file isn´t compatible with the operating windows version. Open the system information of your PC to check, whether a x 86-(32 Bit)- or a x 64-(64 Bit) version of the program is required. Contact thereafter the developer / publisher of the software.

There is only one version of the game available to download:

Huw the Poo

You aren't the only one to complain about this (unless that's you, heh).  Sounds to me like they forgot to include the 32-bit build in the installer.  To be honest I don't think there's much more you can do than wait for a resolution, but I'm fairly sure that the 32-bit issue is the problem.

Tosh

Yes, that´s me.

Thanks for all comments and advices.

What really piss me off, is their lack of communication.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tosh on August 01, 2015, 05:06:09 PM
Yes, that´s me.

Thanks for all comments and advices.

What really piss me off, is their lack of communication.

What is REALLY going to piss you off is seeing how bad the game is once you've gone through all the trouble to get it running.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Tosh

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on August 01, 2015, 05:12:10 PM
What is REALLY going to piss you off is seeing how bad the game is once you've gone through all the trouble to get it running.

Hm. Great news.

O.K., then I´ll be thankful that they don´t support me, to get it running.  :D

Huw the Poo

Happy to take their advertising money though? ;)

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 01, 2015, 06:26:49 PM

Would you prefer I lie and pretend it's good? Then we'd just be the wargamer.com.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

tgb

Quote from: Huw the Poo on August 01, 2015, 06:26:49 PM

Yeah.  You should only take advertising dollars from companies for products you personally enjoy.  And if someone wants to advertise a product you may not care for, don't worry about turning it away, because Huw the Poo will personally make up the difference out of his own pocket.

Right?