Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital - Game Play Video

Started by Thrawn, February 20, 2019, 10:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thrawn

Here is a quick look at some gameplay with Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital.
The release date is not set but as you can see we are almost there.-

Staggerwing

Looks good! Is this based on the earlier Stalingrad game engine?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Barthheart

No, it's a completely new engine. Works really well too.  :bd:

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

stolypin

acctingman

I do not like board games, but for some reason a board game on PC makes me want to try it out  :uglystupid2:

Ubercat

Timely video for me since I was just thinking about this game and wondering how it's progressed. I got to play around with an early build last summer at WBC. I'm in the preliminary stages of getting ready for next WBC, which is closer than last WBC  :smitten:, so I'm hoping to give it another spin.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Dammit Carl!

Sir Slash

Following intently. Thanks for the Heads-up.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

IronX

Looks interesting, although I think the UI takes up way too much real estate and that clicking sound would wear thin quickly.

Barthheart

The UI can be resized by the user and you can do it on the fly, ie in the middle of a game, easily.  I think he had it on the largest so it was easily visible in the video.

Barthheart

Another thing that people might not know is that the current plan is to releases the base game and a scenario from Heroes of Normandy and a scenario from Heroes of the Nam for free.
The rest of the scenarios for those two modules and the rest of the other modules will be DLC add ons. Each DLC will be stand alone and not require any other DLC to play.

IronX

Quote from: Barthheart on February 21, 2019, 01:03:28 PM
The UI can be resized by the user and you can do it on the fly, ie in the middle of a game, easily.  I think he had it on the largest so it was easily visible in the video.

Good to know. Looking forward to learning more about the game.

Moreb

I am exactly the target audience for this title and I'm really looking forward to its release. While the spotting rule is something I've talked about being a detriment, others have explained how and why it's plausible.

It looks great. I'm not sure what to make of the expanding stacks as I hope they are not always automatic. But I'd have to play it of course first.

Initial impressions;
Great looking map
Awesome counters and graphics
good sound (what is shown)
The message bar on the right could use some colors to separate the good from the bad and distinguish the actions more
Maybe too fast action result windows?

I look forward to more info. There is certainly room for a high production value game of this genre such as this.  Once the groundwork ios done I can envision a plethora of different theaters to explore.

It looks much different than the one Tom Proudfoot put together. Is he not part of this production?

Kudo's. After what seems like a very slow start on the digital side, it looks like some solid products are starting to seep out. One can hope. Isn't there some kind of zombie game in the works also?
When dongles fly? - mirth

MikeGER

Quote from: Barthheart on February 21, 2019, 01:06:23 PM
Another thing that people might not know is that the current plan is to releases the base game and a scenario from Heroes of Normandy and a scenario from Heroes of the Nam for free.

Perfect  O0

i am looking forward to the release  :)