Main Menu

check your 6!

Started by Phantom, July 31, 2021, 02:49:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phantom

Was looking at turn based PC air combat games, whilst I know this didn't have great reviews I thought I'd give it a go - but it seems to have disappeared from Matrix and Steam - anyone know what happened?

steve58

Strangely enough I was just now looking for this one myself as I am trying to see if there are any games I want to use my anniversary coupon on.

Its listed as Discontinued on the Slitherine site, but, there is a similar? type game coming "soon" called Scramble: Battle of Britain
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

bobarossa

I remember it having a very bad reputation.  Perhaps why it is discontinued.

demjansk1942

Guys, don't waste your time on that game, it's horrible and not worth any minutes to play.  Wait for the new game Scramble, it was the only lousy game I ever bought from Matrix

ArizonaTank

Quote from: demjansk1942 on July 31, 2021, 06:56:12 PM
Guys, don't waste your time on that game, it's horrible and not worth any minutes to play.  Wait for the new game Scramble, it was the only lousy game I ever bought from Matrix

+1....  a "could have been soooo much more" tale of disappointment...

Check your 6 is a contender for Matrix / Slitherine worst stinker ever....

Scramble looks interesting
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  I don't know how they managed to take one of my favourite subjects, marry it with a well-established and well-received miniatures system, and then turn out such a complete turd of a game, but they did.

It's just plain bad.

If you have Tabletop Simulator, you might want to take a look at the Wings of Glory WWII download.  It's still a work in progress but it's coming along nicely.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2081041122

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/showthread.php?32792-WGS-for-Tabletop-Simulator&highlight=tabletop+simulator

matt3916

Re "Check your 6 is a contender for Matrix / Slitherine worst stinker ever...."

Thankfully I waited for reviews before purchasing.  Was it actually worse than Sovereignty: Crown of Kings?

planetbrain

Both the above mentioned titles are from "The Lordz Games Studio".  Now no more, I believe.
Wonder why? Although they also published "Panzer Corps".
Mostly harmless

Phantom

Wow - looks like I had a lucky escape - glad I checked my 6!  :)  Thanks for the pointer on Scramble, will have a look.

demjansk1942

I think after I bought this game and it was horrible, I made the decision to never buy a game at full cost never even though I broke it got battlefield