What's Your Gaming Style?

Started by bayonetbrant, July 23, 2015, 07:01:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on July 23, 2015, 11:10:18 AM
I like people just fine especially if they are not in my space or generally around me.

;D

+1

I blame working in retail for making me hate humanity in general.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

LongBlade

Interesting.

I struggled a bit with this until I looked back at my days playing Call of Duty with you guys. Then I locked in.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

I remember BF1942 and BF-Vietnam back in those days. That was social. Demented and sad, but social.

Nefaro

Their "Immersion" classification is a rather limited interpretation.  I think they've used a term that encompasses much more than what they intended, which was obviously only weighted toward character back story. 

Since I really enjoy some of the modernized classical-style roguelikes, which have practically no back story, it obviously skewed that whole category.  But we can just as easily be "immersed" in a Sim or historical strategy game as an RPG and the questions didn't really reflect that.  I'd give Rise Of Flight or WOFF pretty high levels on an immersion scale, for example, but you don't necessarily have extensive built-in back story for your "character". 

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 23, 2015, 02:25:00 PM
I remember BF1942 and BF-Vietnam back in those days. That was social. Demented and sad, but social.

Sad? That's because you got your ass kicked.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: LongBlade on July 23, 2015, 09:16:43 PM

Oh my, I think you have a very skewed view of what happened back then, sir.

The Kubelwagen was my weapon of choice! Y'all used to topple about like bowling pins in front of that thing.  >:D

Bison

We had a pretty good run a couple of years ago playing L4D2.  It's where we discovered Bob's love of being hit with a frying pan.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: Bison on July 24, 2015, 08:53:54 AM
We had a pretty good run a couple of years ago playing L4D2.  It's where we discovered Bob's love of being hit with a frying pan.

I have that on Steam and it's one of the very few games I've played online with other people. I usually hate online games because of all the kids, cheating, and other issues (usually technical, related to my old rig). I didn't have a bad time at all with L4D2...everyone was surprisingly good and not critical...then again I didn't have chat enabled, so...

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on July 24, 2015, 06:47:00 AM
Quote from: LongBlade on July 23, 2015, 09:16:43 PM

Oh my, I think you have a very skewed view of what happened back then, sir.

The Kubelwagen was my weapon of choice! Y'all used to topple about like bowling pins in front of that thing.  >:D

Yeah, you needed to sneak attack with that Kubelwagen - it was the only thing you hit anyone with.

BanzaiCat

Quote from: LongBlade on July 24, 2015, 10:16:09 PM
Yeah, you needed to sneak attack with that Kubelwagen - it was the only thing you hit anyone with.

Why the hell do you think I used it?

That Iwo map was the best.

LongBlade

Quote from: Nefaro on July 23, 2015, 05:16:59 PM

Their "Immersion" classification is a rather limited interpretation.  I think they've used a term that encompasses much more than what they intended, which was obviously only weighted toward character back story. 

I agree.

I like really immersive games, but I'm under no illusion that I'm actually the protagonist.

panzerde

My style is apparently impatient. I got about four questions in and decided I really couldn't be arsed to answer "what is your favorite game of all time?"

I hate filling out forms. A lot.
:knuppel2:
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres