Kickstarter: The Return of Tom vs. Bruce

Started by Kushan, May 30, 2012, 08:52:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2012/05/29/the-return-of-tom-vs-bruce/

Not sure how many people used to read this column in Computer Gaming Monthly, but it used to be one of the reasons I used to CGM as a kid and what helped me get into war/strategy games. Would love to see it return. I don't normally support stuff on kickstarter, but I will support this one.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

tgb

While I appreciate the return of the program, I'm not quite sure why it would need kickstarter.

spelk

It's to financially encourage the two to pursue it over other activities.

There's been a hint of this revival idea for a long time, and a lot of fans are probably willing to stump up the few dollars to make it happen. If Tom and Bruce can make a go of it, kickstarting the project on kickstarter then I'm all for it. It's not a product as such, other than seeing the final articles land. But it's more an encouragement for them to pursue it.

It's not a game, it's an activity.

They did start dabbling in it in some of the early Three Moves Ahead podcasts.

I think it's just professionals in the gaming industry, trying to make a few bucks out of  doing what they do.

Bruce is a wargaming hero of mine, and in terms of strategy gaming Tom has been an inspiration for a number of years, so I'm in with my contribution.