IRL (In Real Life) > Music, TV, Movies

RIP Indiana Jones Swordsman

(1/5) > >>

mirth:
Terry Jones, the stuntman who played the Cairo swordsman in Raiders of the Lost Ark, passed away at 81

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/indiana-jones-stuntman-terry-richards-dies-at-81-89872592282.html

RIP

Gusington:
Are you f*cking kidding me?? Jeez is there no one cool left?

I read somewhere that that scene was totally unscripted...Harrison Ford was supposed to have fought the stuntman in that scene but had a bad case of the runs and just pulled the trigger.

Can't remember where I read that but I'm pretty sure it's true.

mirth:

--- Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2014, 07:59:10 PM ---Are you f*cking kidding me?? Jeez is there no one cool left?

I read somewhere that that scene was totally unscripted...Harrison Ford was supposed to have fought the stuntman in that scene but had a bad case of the runs and just pulled the trigger.

--- End quote ---

Yeah that's it. Ford had dysentery and didn't want to spend the time shooting the scene as scripted with him sword fighting the guy. It would have been at least a day of intense stunt work. Basically he said, "Why don't I just shoot the bastard". And that's what they went with.

Steelgrave:

--- Quote from: Gusington on June 25, 2014, 07:59:10 PM ---Are you f*cking kidding me?? Jeez is there no one cool left?

--- End quote ---

I've read that before as well. Of course, I'm old enough to have seen Indiana Jones first run in the movie theater. That scene....the entire audience seemed to hold it's breath watching his swordplay, then when Indy shot him the many held breaths exploded into laughter throughout the theater. That was just pure magic.

OJsDad:
However it came about, it is one of the most iconic movie scenes of all time, or at least for my generation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version