IRL (In Real Life) > Music, TV, Movies

Streaming Gems (Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.)

<< < (2/137) > >>

Nefaro:

--- Quote from: jejo68 on December 16, 2014, 05:39:55 PM ---They just started the Marco Polo series over here. Thats a really good series imho

--- End quote ---

Started watching Netflix' Marco Polo series a few nights ago. 

Pretty good stuff and surprisingly high quality, despite some genre cliches.

O0

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2189461/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Steelgrave:
I'm just now catching up with it, but Daredevil season one is outstanding! Great casting, from Daredevil/Murdock to Foggy to Karen to Ben, all the way down the cast. Well written dialogue and very sharp writing. DD was always one of my favorites and I'm very happy to finally see him done justice on the screen.

As a side note, Vincent D'Onofrio is simply brilliant as Kingpin. No one dimensional villian, this cat has layers you wouldn't imagine from just reading the comics.

Great show!

DoctorQuest:

--- Quote from: Steelgrave on June 12, 2015, 08:39:20 AM ---I'm just now catching up with it, but Daredevil season one is outstanding! Great casting, from Daredevil/Murdock to Foggy to Karen to Ben, all the way down the cast. Well written dialogue and very sharp writing. DD was always one of my favorites and I'm very happy to finally see him done justice on the screen.

As a side note, Vincent D'Onofrio is simply brilliant as Kingpin. No one dimensional villian, this cat has layers you wouldn't imagine from just reading the comics.

Great show!

--- End quote ---

Agreed. DD was always a compelling character and the show more than does him justice. It's interesting in that, to a certain degree, you have to work to like Murdock/DD and work to hate Fisk/Kingpin. Good and evil are not always as simple as we would like to believe.

Steelgrave:

--- Quote from: DoctorQuest on June 12, 2015, 09:14:16 AM --- It's interesting in that, to a certain degree, you have to work to like Murdock/DD and work to hate Fisk/Kingpin. Good and evil are not always as simple as we would like to believe.

--- End quote ---

And that, in a nutshell, is what makes really great dramas. Well spoken.

DoctorQuest:
Just finished DD "The Path of the Righteous".

Whoa.............. :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version