Field of Glory: Empires

Started by -budd-, November 20, 2018, 10:51:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

The DLC take place at different time periods, so.... probably not? Not unless there are different campaigns (perhaps as......... DLC.  >:D )
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Tamas

Only the base game of Field of Glory II is needed to use the converter.

FlickJax

Quote from: Tamas on April 24, 2019, 04:20:10 AM
Only the base game of Field of Glory II is needed to use the converter.

I have the DLC's but that is excellent for those that don't :)  well done that man

CJReich46

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

devoncop

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

Gusington

I wish they gave more details on sieges, but at least there was a mention of them.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on April 29, 2019, 12:16:08 PM
I wish they gave more details on sieges

Maybe because these can't be exported to FOG2 ?

Gusington

They do mention sieges in the para that begins 'But without further ado' and discuss a siege with a 'possible assault' but it is not clear how it will be played out.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on April 29, 2019, 01:42:28 PM
They do mention sieges in the para that begins 'But without further ado' and discuss a siege with a 'possible assault' but it is not clear how it will be played out.

If you have a few minutes watch the Dastactic runthrough of the challenge to conquer  Italy as Rome as quickly as he can....most of the episodes show a siege of two and it is played out on the strategic map. What is notable is that there are BIG die modifier advantages to defenders where the walls are unbreached and the frontage is reduced to 2 or 3 squares. Generals with siege ability can modify this a bit as can certain troops with a siege ability like Legions but defensive generals do the same.

A big legionnary based army with large  numerical advantage was absolutely decimated when Das lost patience and decided to assault an unbreached city down in Tarentum I think.

Gusington

^Interesting, I will check out the video. Also a little disappointing that sieges will not be represented in the tactical engine :/

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tamas

Quote from: Gusington on April 29, 2019, 02:28:23 PM
^Interesting, I will check out the video. Also a little disappointing that sieges will not be represented in the tactical engine :/

Well, FOG2 doesn't have sieges/assaults, if that's what you mean, so of course we can't really convert those battles to it.

Empires does resolve assaults like regular battles and you can watch them the same way, too.

jomni

So if I have bad generals or other unfavourable circumstances in FOG Empires battle mode, I can load in FOG2 to see if I can win as game mechanics are totally different.

devoncop

Quote from: jomni on April 29, 2019, 09:27:15 PM
So if I have bad generals or other unfavourable circumstances in FOG Empires battle mode, I can load in FOG2 to see if I can win as game mechanics are totally different.

You can but you will have less Generals on the tactical map (reflecting your inferior commander on the strategic map) and poorer troops/less numbers/  unfavourable terrain to reflect the other problems you were facing on the strategic map.

If you enjoy mini/maxing then if you are very skilled in FoG2 then you may indeed pull off unlikely wins....I intend to restrict myself to only jumping in to help a maximum of one particular army in each year if this proves too much of an advantage as I like the roleplay aspect but others can fight every (non siege) battle out if they want.

CptHowdy

dastactic with a new 2 hour video on youtube. playing another challenge  :)