Best Ben Shapiro video ever!

Anguille

Here's my list (2022):

Great/Classics
1. Empire Strikes Back
2. New Hope
3. Return of the Jedi

Good
4. Rogue One (though the end doesn't make sense in my opinion)
5. Revenge of the Sith
6. Attack of the Clones
7. Phantom Menace
8. Solo

Bad to very bad (storywise)
9. The Force Awakens
10. The last Jedi
11. Rise of Skywalker

Pete Dero

Some would argue there are only 9 Star Wars movies.
The 2 other are movies situated in the Star Wars universe (Solo & Rogue one).

In my mind the oldest are the best but it is has been a while since I've seen those.   Sometimes things are better as a memory.

Anguille

Quote from: Pete Dero on January 13, 2022, 05:22:24 AM
Some would argue there are only 9 Star Wars movies.
The 2 other are movies situated in the Star Wars universe (Solo & Rogue one).

In my mind the oldest are the best but it is has been a while since I've seen those.   Sometimes things are better as a memory.
Even if i think that Empires strikes back is the better movie, i could watch a New Hope once a week without a problem (it's the movie i've watched the most). Never get tired of that one.

If we take out Solo and rogue one, there's the original trilogy and then the the sequels that shouldn't exist imho.

Pete Dero

Complete List of STAR WARS Movies : https://www.imdb.com/list/ls029559286/

The highest rated are the original trilogy.

If you prefer an elaborate explanation you should contact Sheldon Cooper  8).

Gusington

Nothing beats the originals. That said, I just re-watched Solo a few days ago and it's very good. I enjoyed Rogue One a little more than Solo even if as Anguille says the ending is a little...byzantine.

The Mandalorian is excellent but I don't know how or if it works into the ranking system since it's not technically a movie. Same with Book of Boba. And the animated series as well, which I haven't seen yet but peeps around here really love...Clone Wars, Bad Batch, etc.

And let me add...by 'the originals' I mean the ones unfutzed with by George Lucas years later, adding assorted scenes/details/characters/oddities.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

NOT getting in the middle of this one.  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

^Very wise of you Slash.   8)

We Star Wars fans can get quite mental when it comes to debates like this.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Silent Disapproval Robot

First 4 are great.  I'll watch them anytime

1)  The Empire Strikes Back
2)  A New Hope
3)  Rogue One
4)  Return of the Jedi

The next were ok, but had some problems.  I'll watch them occasionally but skip some stuff.
5) Solo
6) Revenge of the Sith
7) Clone Wars

These are disappointing or just plain bad.  I'm fine never seeing them again.

8) The Force Awakens
9) Rise of The Skywalker
10) The Phantom Menace
11) The made-for-TV Ewok Movie
12) The Other made-for-TV Ewok Movie with Wizards and shit.

The final one will be shown on a loop in hell as a punishment worse than getting your scrotum sandblasted and dipped in vinegar

13) The Last Jedi

Gusington

^A man of wealth, taste, and daring putting Rogue One that high...I like it and agree.

I daresay that Return of the Jedi was the beginning of the downturn.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on January 13, 2022, 12:14:55 PM
First 4 are great.  I'll watch them anytime

1)  The Empire Strikes Back
2)  A New Hope
3)  Rogue One
4)  Return of the Jedi

The next were ok, but had some problems.  I'll watch them occasionally but skip some stuff.
5) Solo
6) Revenge of the Sith
7) Clone Wars

These are disappointing or just plain bad.  I'm fine never seeing them again.

8) The Force Awakens
9) Rise of The Skywalker
10) The Phantom Menace
11) The made-for-TV Ewok Movie
12) The Other made-for-TV Ewok Movie with Wizards and shit.

The final one will be shown on a loop in hell as a punishment worse than getting your scrotum sandblasted and dipped in vinegar

13) The Last Jedi

Agree the first four on the list were great. But I have lost interest in the series after that.

I thought that "The Force Awakens" (the first "Disney" Star Wars movie) was such a rehash of old plot devices and particularly visuals that I was bored silly. I have pretty much stayed away from anything to do with Star Wars since.

And then...(WARNING: RANT STARTING   :hide:) there is the fact that for more than 40 years the Star Wars 'verse has demanded that I continue to suspend disbelief while the characters on-screen fight WWII in space. The weapons have the same level of accuracy that WWII weapons had (actually worse)... And fighters zoom about in space like an arcade WWII air combat sim. (RANT FINISHED  :clap:)

Having said that, my wife is a huge Star Wars fan still, and she tries to rope me in to the new stuff...but the "Force is strong" with me...(by"Force" I mean abhorrence born from repellence).

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Toonces

I've only seen the original trilogy and that new one with the tie fighters zooming in on the water on some planet that looks like something from Pearl Harbor.  I don't remember if that was Solo or what?

I'll see myself out.   L:-)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on January 13, 2022, 12:20:20 PM
^A man of wealth, taste, and daring putting Rogue One that high...I like it and agree.

I daresay that Return of the Jedi was the beginning of the downturn.

Ok I have to admit as soon as I read that Mick Jagger started singing in my head.  Whoo whoo
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

W8taminute

But seriously, I did like the fighter battles in the original trilogy because it felt like WW2 dogfights in space.   :)

al_infierno

Quote from: W8taminute on January 13, 2022, 04:02:01 PM
But seriously, I did like the fighter battles in the original trilogy because it felt like WW2 dogfights in space.   :)

I was just thinking the same thing.   :buck2:  For me the whole appeal of the OT is the "wild west WWII in space" vibe it had going on.  I want to check out Mandolorian and Book of Boba Fett since I hear both those series hit the same chords.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao