1914 Tannenberg re-enacted

Started by WallysWorld, July 31, 2014, 04:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

SZKOTOWO, Poland – About 200 history enthusiasts from across Europe have gathered on a hilly area in Poland to reconstruct the Battle of Tannenberg, an engagement between the Russian and German Empires in the first days of World War I.

The reenactment was held Sunday, one day before the 100th anniversary of the start of the war. It was held on the site of the original battle, which a century ago was in eastern Prussia, but which now lies in northern Poland.

http://ww1.canada.com/battlefront/key-first-world-war-battle-re-enacted-in-poland-on-eve-of-wars-outbreak-a-century-ago
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

TheCommandTent

Some cool pictures there thanks for sharing the link.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

panzerde

And that's why the Russians lost: they had to drag the big fat guy around! (Source: am a big fat guy).
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres