My Rifle, My Pony, and FRIDAY!

Started by al_infierno, September 24, 2021, 01:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geezer

Playing Roguetech and watching the Ryder Cup.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: Gusington on September 24, 2021, 08:54:25 AM
'Sexing the ladies' hahaha

You know they'd have done that.  Same way Segal has the female character in his flicks go for his rotund akido-slappin' ass all the time.

devoncop

Quote from: Gusington on September 24, 2021, 08:30:19 AM
Hmm and I thought JH was John Wayne. The more you know.

More Outlast 2, Warhammer 2 and Diablo 2: Resurrected this weekend...only the '2s' I suppose...

Devoncop do you recommend Encased?

Personally I recommend Encased without question. It's a long game as I a m only in Act One and have over 30 hours I think. I am really invested in the story which makes a nice change from high fantasy RPG's.

Scavenging is essential and things you may think are rubbish like empty tin cans in rubbish bins can be crafted into some effective grenades. I love grenades in this game....shock grenades,HE grenades and about 5 other types.

Although food and water are in the game and give health and resistance boosts and mauls effects....(eating baked beans and fizzy drinks continually  is not recommended  as it has predictable side effects on things such as charisma  ::)

I find the UI very good and so far no bugs !
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=534&t=92000

Link to Field of Glory Empires MP forum with Slitherine Games

88mmkwk

Ryder Cup plus Stellaris, Stellaris, and more Stellaris.  I am absolutely determined to "get it" and make it click so I can confidently boot it up and just enjoy the experience.  But I gots me some learnin' to do in the meantime...

As for Ryder Cup, I am as patriotic as the next guy, but I must say that I REALLY do not care for the booing of the European players by the US fans.  A crusty old guy like me can remember the days when common courtesy mandated that respect for others was ALWAYS called for.....ALWAYS!  Guess I'm just an antique now.....
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces

Gusington

Thanks devon, sending you the receipt :)

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Mostly watched his movies as a kid and used to really enjoy them. Not sure if i'd still enjoy them now as a grown up. Have some on dvd so will try to revisit them with the kids at some point. The longest day was a great movie for sure.

Gaming wise.... don't know yet.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: 88mmkwk on September 24, 2021, 10:49:09 AM
As for Ryder Cup, I am as patriotic as the next guy, but I must say that I REALLY do not care for the booing of the European players by the US fans.

That's crummy to hear.  "Boo," on those assholes.

Geezer

Quote from: 88mmkwk on September 24, 2021, 10:49:09 AM

...As for Ryder Cup, I am as patriotic as the next guy, but I must say that I REALLY do not care for the booing of the European players by the US fans...

Agree completely.  No excuse for that.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

solops

I grew up in a "golf" family. My dad was a pro until he married my mom. There is no "booing" in golf, only polite clapping and subdued "ooooos" and an occasional ""aaaah". "Boos" should get you thrown off the course.

And I'm playing Old World and loving it.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Toonces

I'd really like to give Jane's Fleet Command another try.  I was really enjoying it until it crashed on me.

I've also got a real hankering to start up an RPG.  I've yet to play through any of the Witcher series to the end, but honestly, I think I might just go to my happy place and re-start Skyrim and play through the story again.  It's been a while.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Gusington

^You're missing out if you don't at least try any of The Witcher games.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

I did try all 3, but I've never finished any of them.  I keep wanting to start from Witcher 1 and work my way through the whole series.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Phantom

Playing Action PC Football - just had a great game with the Bears beating the Rams with a 49 yd pass in the last two minutes.

As for John Wayne I think his secret was that he never actually acted - he just played "John Wayne" whatever the character. This sufficed for most westerns, but as the centurion in (I think) The Greatest Story Ever Told" it was quite bizarre.

W8taminute

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 24, 2021, 07:51:09 AM
Quote from: W8taminute on September 24, 2021, 07:17:00 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 24, 2021, 06:55:26 AM
I dunno. I never understood the whole John Wayne thing. He never appealed to me in any way and his movies always came across as really dull. I know this is sacrilegious to some requiring me to wear a Scarlett letter, but it's the truth.

Ah but have you ever seen him in "The Green Berets"?

Yes. Absolutely hated it. lol

LOL!  Appreciate the honesty. 

I'm not sure what I'll be playing this weekend but Heroes & Generals for sure will be on the list. 
I've got a hankering for a decent bus simulator but one with a career mode.  Can't seem to find anything. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Toonces

Quote from: Phantom on September 24, 2021, 01:31:39 PM
Playing Action PC Football - just had a great game with the Bears beating the Rams with a 49 yd pass in the last two minutes.

You just reminded me, I saw Axis Football 2021 is out now.  I quite enjoyed original; I might have to pick the 2021 version up.