Two New Pre-orders from Worthington Games

Started by TheCommandTent, January 20, 2013, 11:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Not to steal my thunder from the GARPA column but here is some news from Worthington Games about two new pre-orders.

From their Facebook page.

QuoteHOLD THE LINE: FREDERICK'S WAR, and GETTYSBURG 150 are both now available for pre-order. Frederick's War is designed by Sean Chick and uses the Hold the Line system to portray the battles of Frederick II. The game includes 8 scenarios plus 2 free downloadable scenarios. The game comes with a mounted 25 x 22 game board, terrain tiles, counters, rules, and dice. The game pre-release price is $45.00, regular retail is $65.00. If you pre-order prior to release date you will receive the HIGHLAND CHARGE EXPANSION PACK for free (regular retail is $20.00).

GETTYSBURG 15O uses a modified Hold the Line system to portray the battle of Gettysburg. The game comes with a 25 x 22 mounted board, 2 counter sheets, rules, scenarios, and dice. 4 scenarios, July 1, July 2, July 3, and the Fight for Little Round Top, plus the full 3 day battle. Each scenario is playable in 60 minutes or less and the full battle in under 3 hours. The game is available for prerelease price of $40.00, regular retail of $60.00.

HIGHLAND CHARGE is an expansion pack for HOLD THE LINE: FREDERICK'S WAR that portrays the battles of the Highlanders. The game comes with a counter sheet and scenarios. The expansion pack is free for pre-release orders of HOLD THE LINE: FREDERICK'S WAR, but after the sale will retail for $20.00.

All are available for pre-order at www.worthingtongames.com

Happy Gaming!

I am very tempted by the Gettysburg game.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

GJK

That's a no-brainer for me...pre-ordered.  HtL is a fun game and a Gettysburg treatment of it will be a blast!
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

bob48

There are 2 Worhington games that I'm interested in atm; 'Blood & Sand' and 'Band of Brothers' - any of you guys play either of these? If so, I would be glad to have some impressions on how they play.

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

GroggyGrognard

I just received HtL and the French & Indian War expansion via UPS today. I purchased HtL based on GJK's positive feedback about the game. Looking forward to playing it! Will have to keep my eye on Gettysburg 150.

Groggy
"Strong prejudices in an ill-formed mind are hazardous to government."
-Barbara W. Tuchman, The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam

"The owners of this country know the truth: it's called the American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe it."
-George Carlin