Manor Lords: medieval strategy game

Started by fran, November 08, 2020, 08:51:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fran

Upcoming medieval strategy game for PC that combines deep, organic and realistic city building with large scale, tactical battles.

ETA Fall 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbH_m9KWnP0&ab_channel=ManorLords

And on Steam

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1363080/Manor_Lords/

https://youtu.be/d2mW8fmakKA

It is on Patreon, and from it:

QuoteHi! My name is Greg Styczen. For three years I've been solo developing a medieval strategy game called Manor Lords. It still needs a lot of work but is getting close to an alpha stage now.

https://www.patreon.com/GregStyczen

Rayfer

Looks great, I hope he can pull it off.

MOS:96B2P

Looks interesting.  Almost looks to good to be true.  However, I added it to my Steam Wishlist.   

W8taminute

This game does look interesting.  We'll be watching for this.
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Yep, been watching this approach for a while!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Me too. Been on my wishlist for months! Still see no release date on Steam, though.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

fran

Does not seem to be much news on this title...to be released sometime in 23

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: fran on January 29, 2023, 01:50:24 PMDoes not seem to be much news on this title...to be released sometime in 23

nope, the developer has seemed to say it will be in 2023, but it will be ready when its ready...so no actual date.

CJReich46

I actually tried the demo when it was released.

It is amazing. you can wander through your village in 3rd person view. Not to mention it is not the same game twice. 

I hope it does well though it was such an interesting demo.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Grim.Reaper

Although release was originally planned for 2023, has moved to April 26th, 2024

Gusington

Saw this pop up on Steam yesterday - I am still rejoicing 🥳

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

ArizonaTank

Quote from: JasonPratt on October 30, 2023, 08:58:46 PM

They are pretty much going to be able to ask any price, and I will probably pay it.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Gusington

Grim is usually our resident price predictor. In lieu of that and from watching the above, Manor Lords feels 39.99.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Gusington on October 31, 2023, 04:58:32 PMGrim is usually our resident price predictor. In lieu of that and from watching the above, Manor Lords feels 39.99.

This one is tough to predict.  Awhile back, saw something that suggested the price would be in the $20-$30 range, but my gut suggests more like a $30-$40 game, maybe a $34.99 type of price with a decent discount on release.  The hype has grown over time so hard for me to believe anything less than $30.