Combat Mission new for 2024

Started by Redwolf, January 06, 2024, 03:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

Was able to download Combat Mission: Final Blitzkrieg! and Downfall this morning, including to getting Steam key.

Redwolf

nelmsm

Had Final Blitzkrieg already but through Battlefront so jumped thru the hoops to activate it on Steam and purchased Downfall as well.  Now I just need to motivate myself to start playing them again.  Used to love playing them PBEM.

JasonPratt

Got Final Blitzkrieg activated at Matrix, then at Steam, woo!

Will probably hold off on Downfall until the Hitler memes arrive. Or my stacked discount returns later this year.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

What kind of updates to the game engine are there for Downfall and Final Blitzkrieg?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Redwolf

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2024, 12:38:54 PMWhat kind of updates to the game engine are there for Downfall and Final Blitzkrieg?

NIL. A few new bugs, though.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Pete Dero

Quote from: Gusington on January 26, 2024, 12:38:54 PMWhat kind of updates to the game engine are there for Downfall and Final Blitzkrieg?

v2.10 PATCH NOTES
ADDED
* All content for the Downfall module.
* Slitherine's PBEM++ and Tournament systems

Redwolf

Part 2 of the news thread is out:
https://community.battlefront.com/topic/143385-the-year-to-come-2024-part-2/#comment-2025652

Nothing specific, just that there is something unexpected in the works.

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Redwolf on February 03, 2024, 02:51:17 PMPart 2 of the news thread is out:
https://community.battlefront.com/topic/143385-the-year-to-come-2024-part-2/#comment-2025652

Nothing specific, just that there is something unexpected in the works.

And the owner said that even though there might be a 1,000 guesses, at best one of them might be right which likely means something totally outside of what people might guess.  The typical guesses seem to be new version/engine, patch updates, new dlc/module, new series/war to cover, etc.  I would find it hard to believe it would be a totally new something that renders current content useless as they continue releasing content for the new version and spent a lot of time putting current stuff on to steam.  Maybe Version #3 set in totally different setting and the difficulty of guessing is the combination of version and exact setting.  Personally no idea, too many possibilities and really no indication if something big or small.

He said they would have more information in a couple of months, guess we will see, but wouldn't be totally surprised if we didn't find out until 2025 news breaks based on history.

JasonPratt

Hm, off the wall guesses... pick any exotic mod of CMx1?

How about something even more off model than any of those, like a Civil War tactical game?!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: JasonPratt on February 04, 2024, 03:11:24 PMHm, off the wall guesses... pick any exotic mod of CMx1?

How about something even more off model than any of those, like a Civil War tactical game?!

When Steve says you won't guess, he means it.

Remember when they launched Combat Mission Touch on April 1st one year, and everyone thought it had to be an April Fool's joke?

Combat Mission: Afghanistan came from out the blue. So did Combat Mission: Campaigns, which sadly never materialized.

Your guess of "off model" is probably 100% accurate. :-)

Tripoli

My guess:
Combat Mission: Vietnam
or
Combat Mission: Korea
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Combat Mission: Leisure Suit Larry?  :TimeOut:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CaptainKoloth