Total war pharaoh - coming October

Started by Grim.Reaper, May 23, 2023, 04:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

WHAT?? Well the ones I am currently playing are Attila and Rome 2...

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2023, 08:46:58 PMWHAT?? Well the ones I am currently playing are Attila and Rome 2...

They released the patch for those today. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Well I just fired up Rome 2 TW with the DEI mod and it least loaded and ran. I didn't try to play yet but at least I got that far.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Same with the 1212 AD mod. Hope springs eternal.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

My mod for ETW quit working some time ago. I hope they haven't killed Stainless Steel for MTW2.  :tickedoff:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Fortunately Rome 2 and Attila should be the least effected by this as they're both still being actively modded. 

It's a lot of the older, finished, mods for games like Empire, Napoleon and Shogun 2 that will get hurt most.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: SirAndrewD on May 24, 2023, 08:33:18 PM
Quote from: Gusington on May 24, 2023, 07:56:46 PM^I don't think you are. I am at a low point now with new TW games. Thank God for modding of the old ones.

CA actually just released a set of CPU patches for their older games that have broken all the old mods.   Many of those mods will never be updated again like Darthmod. 

I saw a YT video on this subject a few weeks ago.  I think it was by the Terminator.  This is so sad but if you examine the reason why CA did this it's obvious.  In the lust for greed they have destroyed all of the old stuff to force players to buy their new games which are so locked up tightly modders can't make anything awesome anymore. 

This is my response to CA and their wicked evil practices:

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Gusington

^Are you serious? They are trying to intentionally snuff out the TW modders? They probably owe a huge percentage of their sales to the modding of the older games  :grumpy:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I agree. Ever since Medi 2 TW, modders have made every game better, even playable in some cases. Still, I never thought the old games/mods would last forever. At least, so far, Stainless Steel is still alive and kicking.  :fingerscrossed:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on May 25, 2023, 08:02:21 PM^Are you serious? They are trying to intentionally snuff out the TW modders? They probably owe a huge percentage of their sales to the modding of the older games  :grumpy:

I don't think that's accurate.

I think that what CA did was braindead and had no consideration for the modding community.  They did actually answer a problem with game breaking crashes on modern machines, but they also didn't consider old mods that have been giving their titles life and selling.

CA understands the value of modders, hence when they hired Jack Lusted.  But they're not seeing the damage this new patch is doing even if its helping longevity on old titles.

JasonPratt

ETW and NappyTW have both been getting some ongoing love by modders in recent years; they haven't been abandoned. Not sure about Shogun2 in recent years.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

How could they not see the damage while still being invested in the older titles with their fingers on the pulse of the modding community?  :magnify:

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd