Pigs Gone Wild

Started by Labbug, September 21, 2020, 09:55:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

^ That was the first information on this thread that I did not already know. 

JasonPratt

Re eating poisonous snakes: I learned that several decades ago, when I was a boy, from reading compilations of my grandparents' (even much older) Foxfire magazines. These were 'tame' hogs, but the principle still applies: they stomp on the heads of the snakes, and then

FLAY
THEM
ALIVE

--peeling the skins back. Until the snakes die. Or not, the hogs don't care. Skins go first either way.

I still have those, or Mom does rather. (The Foxfire compilations, not the hog-stripped snake skins.) It occurs to me now that some of those articles involve absolute rubbish tall tales, like snakes rolling along after tucking their tails in their mouths; but the snake-eating method sounded one thousand percent plausible to me.

In conclusion: hogs are like the Reavers from Firefly. Or maybe vice versa.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

solops

Next week I am going into full scale hog hunting mode, just like I have for the last several years. My wife and I compete. The hogs usually win. I come in last place in spite of having an IR scope and all of the other advantages I can come up with. I think the problem is that only the really greedy hogs are noisy and dumb enough to wake me up and get shot. I can tell you that the local hogs are now way too smart to get trapped. We keep trying, but no joy.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

Solops, my Wife used the same method to catch me. Except she used Bourbon instead of Diesel Fuel.  :2funny:    Wild Hogs are a true menace here in Fla. anywhere in the wild. A sow with piglets is just about the most dangerous animal on Earth.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

solops

Honestly, I think bourbon would work better for the hogs, but I am not THAT hard-core.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Sir Slash

If we got them drunk enough, maybe they would crawl up on the grill by themselves.  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 16, 2020, 11:03:42 AM
If we got them drunk enough, maybe they would seem to crawl up on the grill by themselves.  :bd:

>:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

airboy

nelmsm

On a side note I had a deputy sheriff here in West Texas tell me that wild hogs were a great way to get rid of a body. Only thing left will be the teeth and they will be scattered

al_infierno

Well I'd definitely feel a lot safer after a local deputy imparted that knowledge onto me.   :o
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

nelmsm

Well it might come in handy some day, say when you find pedophile after your underage daughter of your neighbor insists on mowing his hard at 6am every day Saturday

Staggerwing

Quote from: nelmsm on December 18, 2021, 10:18:23 PM
Well it might come in handy some day, say when you find pedophile after your underage daughter of your neighbor insists on mowing his hard at 6am every day Saturday

Your daughter of your neighbor? Mowing his hard? 6AM? Everyday and Saturday?

Huh. Who knew...
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao