Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Oh hey, haven't watched K&Gs in a while! Thanks for the reminder they exist; I should subscribe to them this time to keep up.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

^A lot of their videos can get samey after a while but this one was good.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

GDS_Starfury

GDS_Starfury

Gusington

Don't worry, the West will step in and stop the genocide just like in the Balkans in the 1990s...oh wait.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

thats the great thing here.
we DON"T have to step in, just arm Ukraine and let them do what they're doing.

Sir Slash

I think we have been arming them and it hasn't stopped yet has it? Whatta you think, maybe in another couple of years?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

GDS_Starfury

maybe give them what they say they need and stop slow walking systems that they end up getting anyway.

Sir Slash

The West should shit or get off the pot here. A war worth fighting is a war worth winning. Are we in it to win it... or just Virtue-Signaling to the whole world?

GDS_Starfury

oh we're well past virtue signaling.  the catch as I see it is that this administration has been wary of pushing russia to far into the corner.  I stand by everything I've said about how and way they won't use them but its still a card on the table.  if it was me making the calls they would have Apaches and Strike Eagles already.

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Sir Slash on September 29, 2023, 01:59:18 PMI think we have been arming them and it hasn't stopped yet has it? Whatta you think, maybe in another couple of years?

I would also posit that this isn't an open desert with air supremacy.  we can be spoiled with the reality of how good our military is.  maybe you should read more.

Crossroads

Skipping the first paragraph which is about politics, here's a rather neat article putting together an argument there is in fact a strategy within the collective West with supporting Ukraine to defend herself against this most brutal of invasions.

There's the reminder as well that there's no need for an exit strategy, as it is not us but Ukraine whose feet on the ground.

Also, I agree with Star that it's been painful observing the glacial speed in decision making with some weapons systems. I understand the arguments behind them, in the beginning of the war especially. But to see it still continuing, weapons system after next system, finally agreeing to send them after delays, well, there it is. I am in the camp that sees that what actually provokes Putin, what provokes Russia, is showing weakness. What always provoked him/them to action was appeasement, signs of weakness.

"Keep Calm And Support Ukraine More"

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/we-already-have-a-strategy-in-aiding-ukraine/
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY