DEMO - Regiments - Single player RTS, cold war - Very WARGAME Eugen like.

Started by Destraex, June 24, 2020, 03:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Admiral

Can't be less micro than that GR...!

Time can be slowed down to 0.75x, 0.5x & 0.25x, pause is active (and the tutorial encourage you to use it to give orders) which technically makes it a a-la-carte WEGO, units won't ever go beyond 20 at the same time in the worst case scenario, units fortify automatically, mortars fire automatically at the closest eligible target, etc...  :coolsmiley:

Less micro than that for the scale just doesn't exist. Honestly there are more units involved in your average Flashpoint battle ^^
(and way much more in, say, armored brigade).
At some point you still wanna command something don't you ^^

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: The_Admiral on August 16, 2022, 09:09:55 AM
Can't be less micro than that GR...!

Time can be slowed down to 0.75x, 0.5x & 0.25x, pause is active (and the tutorial encourage you to use it to give orders) which technically makes it a a-la-carte WEGO, units won't ever go beyond 20 at the same time in the worst case scenario, units fortify automatically, mortars fire automatically at the closest eligible target, etc...  :coolsmiley:

Less micro than that for the scale just doesn't exist. Honestly there are more units involved in your average Flashpoint battle ^^
(and way much more in, say, armored brigade).
At some point you still wanna command something don't you ^^

Not sure I ever said I didn't want to command anything, simply stated that managing a ton of units is not something that I prefer, nor good at.  Pretty sure there are different levels of leadership in the real world?  I find it difficult to keep apprised of all the units spread out across the map and still be able to watch/see things unfold, even with various speed settings.  Not saying it is or isn't a bad game, simply saying it may or may not be for me...

The_Admiral

There's a smiley attached - it implies I did not expect seriously that you did not want to command anything, you can relax.

As for the rest, was I mistaken in thinking you had an actual question in regard of things being too fast for you? You were provided with an answer, which includes a pause (not just "various speed settings") and an estimate of how many friendly units are up at any time (20 not being exactly my idea of "too many" in any wargame I've come across) so as to help. Sorry if it did the opposite.

On the other hand, if you were in here just for the sake of rambling, may as well say it from the get-go. We all have our hobbies, that's understandable.

Cheers

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2022, 05:50:27 AM
Nice. I plan on getting this. Anyone else?

Purchased.

It'll provide a nice distraction at work today. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

ArizonaTank

Purchased, but work calls.  Hopefully have time to play with it tonight.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

SirAndrewD

So far so good.  Tutorials go fast like the Demo and everything looks great and is much easier to get a hold of than the Eugen games for situational awareness. 

Seems a tad light on content though.  Skirmish should be fun it worth will really depend on how many hours the campaign can provide. 

More SP content currently than WARNO however if that's your yardsitck.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Ian C

SirAndrewD

^
NATO has US, West German and Belgian Formations

Warsaw Pact has Soviets and East Germans. 

There are UK units in the game.

Campaign looks to be in chapters locked to one particular side or the other..

ArizonaTank

Was able to play through the tutorials. Like it better than WARNO...but that is mostly because WARNO is still missing a tutorial and most of its single player content.

I am not normally an RTS guy, so the ability to slowing down play really helps.
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Ian C

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 16, 2022, 03:23:06 PM
^
NATO has US, West German and Belgian Formations

Warsaw Pact has Soviets and East Germans. 

There are UK units in the game.

Campaign looks to be in chapters locked to one particular side or the other..

Thanks!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Does anyone else have the resolution problem? It is really pissing me off.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Gusington on August 16, 2022, 05:01:55 PM
You can play as the Belgians??

Purchasing now!

Yep.

Brit units are folded in with their formations. 

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd