Trials and tribulations of owning a house

Started by Jarhead0331, February 06, 2021, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on December 07, 2022, 07:35:13 PM
expecting most framers during the last 30 years to space them properly is whats funny.

Living in a 1870s/1880s made house, throw in "everything is out of square," too.  Ugh.

steve58

Got to mow my new yard for the second time.  Temps here in east TN really need to cool down so I won't have to mow it again until spring.  :-\
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Sir Slash

Here in Fla, I haven't mown for several weeks, the longest time I can remember without mowing. With almost no rain the grass is just sitting there. No so the weeds however, they're growing like...you know. And a lot of stuff is blooming.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

First panel mounted.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Not sure why I am even posting this but I need to vent somewhere. For the 2nd time in a year my area has been hit by a 'storm of the century' and for the 2nd time in a year a bunch of my neighbors and myself have to dig tons of gravel, rocks, dirt and tree limbs from our driveway because our state/town/village refuses to clear out some culverts that were f'd up in a repaving job last year, causing this overflow flooding onto our property. It may sound minor but both times this happened cost us 1000s of dollars in cleanup as the rushing floodwaters, rerouted onto our road, pour down into my neighbors driveway and then basement.

We got relatively lucky both times because we just have to repair the flood damage to a smaller section of our gravel driveway but other houses and properties have been royally f'd.

We are also lucky that we got our general contractor to put a crew together this morning with a bulldozer and plenty of stone and gravel to repair the damage before the temperature drops 40 degrees, but until the state/town/village repairs what they f'd up this is going to keep happening. It never happened until 2021 and the f'd up road repaving job :/

MERRY FUCKING XMAS

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 23, 2022, 01:37:01 PM
Not sure why I am even posting this but I need to vent somewhere. For the 2nd time in a year my area has been hit by a 'storm of the century' and for the 2nd time in a year a bunch of my neighbors and myself have to dig tons of gravel, rocks, dirt and tree limbs from our driveway because our state/town/village refuses to clear out some culverts that were f'd up in a repaving job last year, causing this overflow flooding onto our property. It may sound minor but both times this happened cost us 1000s of dollars in cleanup.

We are lucky that we got our general contractor to put a crew together this morning with a bulldozer and plenty of stone and gravel to repair the damage, but until the state/town/village repairs what they f'd up this is going to keep happening.

MERRY FUCKING XMAS

Your neighborhood should lawyer up and split the costs.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

I have a best friend who is also a lawyer and he said that lawyering up in this case is most likely not going to be effective, but the threat of a lawsuit and some more media attention to the problem would be more effective. Keeping pressure on our town mayor and supervisor, as well as our state senator, was also recommended. All of which we took care of this morning while the heavy work goes on outside. My neighbor really got f'd and is besides himself (we're covering costs for him for now as the contractor and the neighbor hate each other...don't ask). The contractor crew did amazing work...our property looks untouched and they worked super fast.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on December 23, 2022, 01:47:35 PM
I have a best friend who is also a lawyer and he said that lawyering up in this case is most likely not going to be effective, but the threat of a lawsuit and some more media attention to the problem would be more effective. Keeping pressure on our town mayor and supervisor, as well as our state senator, was also recommended. All of which we took care of this morning while the heavy work goes on outside. My neighbor really got f'd and is besides himself (we're covering costs for him for now as the contractor and the neighbor hate each other...don't ask). The contractor crew did amazing work...our property looks untouched and they worked super fast.

You need to find the right lawyer. I've handled a lot of cases against municipalities due to property damage and flooding caused by their negligence or refusal to maintain public roads and utilities.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's a bitch Gus. My County did something similar to us a couple of years back, digging out the ditches along the street next to my house. Now our ditches are deeper than anywhere nearby and storm water drains TO us not away from us. Not a major problem until 19 inches of rain hit you in about 8 hours driven by 100 mile an hour winds.  :hide:

Dammit Carl!

Dang.  All the best, mate.

Consistent, good road maintenance (to include drainage structures) is a thing of the past, I fear.

Windigo

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 23, 2022, 02:28:11 PM
Quote from: Gusington on December 23, 2022, 01:47:35 PM

You need to find the right lawyer. I've handled a lot of cases against municipalities due to property damage and flooding caused by their negligence or refusal to maintain public roads and utilities.

Here the most they could get in a civil suit is the portion of flood waters received that did not get routed away from the home site due to negligence. The standard here is a 1 in 25 year rain event for road drainage. If this was a storm of the century then they would be lucky to get half of the damages. Still... it helps reduced the fiscal sting.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.