It's Raining MONDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, November 21, 2022, 10:41:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

al_infierno

I picked up the new Flashpoint Campaigns but I dunno when I'm gonna take the time to learn it.  I've mostly been binging films the last week or so in my spare time.  In the last few days I watched three meta-Hollywood themed films: Sunset Boulevard, Mulholland Drive, and Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.  All three are excellent in their own right, though Mulholland Drive is pure Lynch and I only feel like I understood about 20% of it on my own without having to look up an explanation/analysis.

I'd probably rank them as such in terms of personal preference and rewatchability:

1. Sunset Boulevard - A stone cold classic, laser focused with a terrifying female villain.
2. Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - I'm not the biggest Tarantino fan but I surprisingly enjoyed this for all its self indulgence.  It's basically a mix of hangout film, Hollywood meta tale about an actor, and Inglourious Basterdizing the Manson murders.
3. Mulholland Drive - I'm still not totally sure how to rate this one, it's definitely good but solidly steeped in abstract WTF turf.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Tanaka

Interstellar Space Genesis. After all of the updates and DLC this game has finally got me hooked.

Destraex

Well the Friday thread is usually a day late for me so I have kinda been doing a mid weekend gaming thread reply when I reply.

STAR CITIZEN - The free fly is on until the 30th and the IAE is on.  Thought I might check it out if I have the energy.
DCS - Probably will not have the energy for this. Although I would like to.
WARNO\IRON HARVEST\AOEIV\SD2 - Will probably give one of these a go. Playing the Malians mastery.
Combat Mission cmx2 - I have a hankering to play these but don't know if I can be stuffed getting all the DRM together. Might just download the demos. Wish they were on steam.
Command Modern Operations - Thinking of loading this up and staring at the screen blanky for a few hours. If you have not guessed already I got covid a few days ago. So even gaming is a chore atm.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"