Upcoming Holiday Sales…what are you looking to get?

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 22, 2022, 06:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Quote from: Anguille on November 23, 2022, 11:04:32 AM
I am tempted by a few games. One of them is Age of Sail.
A really really good game. I finished the British campaign and started the US one. I will buy the barbary states DLC if I ever finish the American one.
I loved landing troops but the land battles were grinding. Very hard to come out of without losing a lot of men.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

solops

I am not planning on buying anything. Too many games already. So far I have bought two anyway.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Rayfer

Quote from: Destraex on November 23, 2022, 11:59:04 PM
A really really good game. I finished the British campaign and started the US one. I will buy the barbary states DLC if I ever finish the American one.
I loved landing troops but the land battles were grinding. Very hard to come out of without losing a lot of men.

Does it have a mission generator allowing you to create small ship on ship battles apart from the scenarios and campaigns?

-budd-

GOG sale is live also. Not sure I'll buy anything else, even though I have Steam dollars in my wallet. Picked up Alpine Unrest a DLC for Generation Zero so far. Looking at "The Troop" which is 25% off and is up to 29 scenarios available in game. Another one I'm looking at is Zero Sievert, a top down, survival game in early access that is apparently pretty fleshed out for early access. Maybe DLC for Battle Sector, who knows, I'll browse all the FPS games on sale as I'm a sucker for them even though the reflexes are waning. I Just bought the new Flashpoint so playing that a lot, and went back to playing the Doom slayer in Doom Eternal.

There's so many sales, there's really no rush to buy anything. Like a lot of folks here, I have more games than time.......but they are new and shiny  :idiot2:
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Jarhead0331

I picked up a bunch of the SGS titles that are 50% off. I'm toying with the idea of Getting New World, but I know chances of me actually playing it are very nominal.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

MC

Quote from: Destraex on November 23, 2022, 11:59:04 PM

Bought and added to the backlog.

Old TImer

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 24, 2022, 10:10:19 AM
I picked up a bunch of the SGS titles that are 50% off. I'm toying with the idea of Getting New World, but I know chances of me actually playing it are very nominal.

Playing SGS' "Heia Safari" while reading "African Kaiser"  https://www.amazon.com/African-Kaiser-Robert-Gaudi-audiobook/dp/B01NCZEEB5/ref=sr_1_3?crid=RS682ZGFSDWL&keywords=african+kaiser&qid=1669581037&s=books&sprefix=african+kai%2Cstripbooks%2C196&sr=1-3  was a really fun summer activity.

Sparhawk

With trepidation I picked up Galactic Ruler. "Average Gamer" has some tutorial videos that make up for the utterly lacking manual. The game is just too compelling for me to pass over.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Sparhawk on November 27, 2022, 03:56:02 PM
With trepidation I picked up Galactic Ruler. "Average Gamer" has some tutorial videos that make up for the utterly lacking manual. The game is just too compelling for me to pass over.

Had a lot of potential I thought, but Battle Goat released it out of early access way too soon in my opinion and the support since has been pretty lackluster. I had high hopes for this...pretty disappointed.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

solops

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 27, 2022, 04:27:47 PM
Quote from: Sparhawk on November 27, 2022, 03:56:02 PM

Had a lot of potential I thought, but Battle Goat released it out of early access way too soon in my opinion and the support since has been pretty lackluster. I had high hopes for this...pretty disappointed.

+1 to JH comment.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Tripoli

I'm thinking about getting "Dead Red Redemption 2" just because I'm a sucker for the American West.  Has anyone played it?
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Tripoli on November 27, 2022, 10:17:50 PM
I'm thinking about getting "Dead Red Redemption 2" just because I'm a sucker for the American West.  Has anyone played it?

Dude, it's epic. The world is so alive and there is so much to do within it, I was actually overwhelmed and had to put it aside because I unfortunately couldn't avoid living my actual real life.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

ArizonaTank

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 27, 2022, 11:43:58 PM

Dude, it's epic. The world is so alive and there is so much to do within it, I was actually overwhelmed and had to put it aside because I unfortunately couldn't avoid living my actual real life.

+1
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Dammit Carl!

Oh, now that I think of it, I'm certainly down for RDR2 (still got my XBox and copies of RDR in a closet somewhere).

Tripoli

Quote from: ArizonaTank on November 28, 2022, 12:00:25 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on November 27, 2022, 11:43:58 PM

+1

I don't think you can get a higher recommendation than your and Jarhead's.  Purchased, and now joining my collection of "to be played" games..... :)
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln