Russia's War Against Ukraine

Started by ArizonaTank, November 26, 2021, 04:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on November 29, 2022, 12:00:45 AM
if Im posting something on this site its either funny, titties or germane to the thread its in.  sometimes I get the trifecta.  :bd:

New challenge set...?!?  :o :hide:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Con

Boobs - Check
Funny - Yes
German - Also

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Windigo

I can't recall the last time Star posted boobies.
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Windigo on November 29, 2022, 11:52:31 AM

I was thinking the same thing. Is there a secret subforum I don't have access to? That would be twisted.  :knuppel2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

JasonPratt

Heh, I didn't get the pun at first! Well played!

("German" for "germane")
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

bobarossa

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 29, 2022, 11:56:52 AM
Heh, I didn't get the pun at first! Well played!

("German" for "germane")
You are not alone  :wow:

Jarhead0331

Another long, but interesting discussion focusing on a number issues, including foreign prisoner of war exchanges, Russian conscription issues and whether the Russian military is being underestimated.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

GDS_Starfury

Quote from: Windigo on November 29, 2022, 11:52:31 AM

somewhere in this very thread Ive posted several hot Ukrainian women in the army.
theres also a video of two of them doing a pretty damn good job of singing.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

GDS_Starfury

its Himars o'clock!   <:-)
some russian  L:-) positions are about to be very very unhappy!

https://twitter.com/i/status/1597658020464721921

another

https://twitter.com/i/status/1597661980957245441
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

al_infierno

Something about reading this headline just warms my heart.  "Finland Offers to Train Ukraine Soldiers in Winter Warfare Against Russia"

https://www.newsweek.com/finland-nato-niinisto-helsinki-training-weapons-ukraine-soldiers-1763166

Can't wait for the snow to start speaking Ukrainian!   :bd:
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Crossroads

Quote from: al_infierno on November 29, 2022, 07:36:15 PM
Something about reading this headline just warms my heart.  "Finland Offers to Train Ukraine Soldiers in Winter Warfare Against Russia"

https://www.newsweek.com/finland-nato-niinisto-helsinki-training-weapons-ukraine-soldiers-1763166

Can't wait for the snow to start speaking Ukrainian!   :bd:

Here's hoping a good measure of winter gear is being sent as well. M05 camo works amazingly well, while the star of this picture are the rubber boots with felt inner boots within. Would be literally worth their weight in gold in the muddy trenches we're seeing.

source https://twitter.com/kinnunen_kimmo/status/1595708371751301122

edit another picture by him because why not. The third guy in the picture is already quite hard to see.

Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

JasonPratt

I really like the 'fencing mask' option for camo and warmth. (And snow glare.) Didn't know those were a thing now!

Crossroads

Quote from: JasonPratt on November 30, 2022, 08:32:00 AM
I really like the 'fencing mask' option for camo and warmth. (And snow glare.) Didn't know those were a thing now!

Like any northerner, I'd take -10C and snow any day before +5C and rain and mud, not to mention the November slush we now have in Helsinki.

Relevant to this topic, it is so important to keep dry, to eat warm food, to warm up while off-duty, something I'd assume Ukrainians handle better than (seemingly) orphaned mobiks in their little dug-outs. Hypothermia will get you even above freezing, unless you have the energy and know-how as how to handle yourself in the cold and the wet.

Good equipment helps too, layered clothing, thin gloves under heavier mittens, etc. And proper footwear, did I mention that  :bd:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

FarAway Sooner

Yeah.  It's the wet that kills you, even more than the cold.