New Defense Act?

Started by LongBlade, March 18, 2012, 03:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

I've got a toolbar running across my browser that shows links to trending stories.

This morning I saw one that caught my eye, but we were too busy and I ignored it. Just now, I noticed it again and clicked on it.

Apparently the President has just issued a new Executive Order regarding defense preparedness. As is typical of these things today, the wording is mostly legalese rather than direct. Obviously it's a kind of review to ensure the US is prepared for an emergency, but exactly why and what the result might be isn't clear as the length of this thing is...lengthy.

Here's a link. Maybe those of you with more time on your hands and a better head for reading these things can tell us what it really means.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/03/16/executive-order-national-defense-resources-preparedness
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Gusington

No time to read it but I am channeling 40Cent: it is obviously linked to December 21, 2012.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2012, 10:50:17 AM
No time to read it but I am channeling 40Cent: it is obviously linked to December 21, 2012.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 20, 2012, 11:33:26 AM
Quote from: Gusington on March 20, 2012, 10:50:17 AM

Oh effing snap!!!

THAT explains it!!!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Gusington

^That sealed the deal for me. Heading into the bunker now.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd