MiG-21bis 2.0 (Magnitude 3)
MB-339A Aermacchi (IndiaFoxEcho)
G.91R GINA (IndiaFoxEcho)
IA-58 Pucará (Razbam)
A-29 Super Tucano (Razbam)
MiG-23MLA Flogger (Razbam)
Sea Harrier FSR.1 (Razbam)
English Electric Lightning (Razbam)
Mirage III (Razbam - AI first, then full fidelity)
MiG-17F (Red Star)
SU-17/22 Fitter (OctopusG)

Maps:
Sinai (OnReTech)

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

SirAndrewD

With those planes plus the ones we already have there's no way they're not doing Vietnam.  The A-1's good for Korea too so I'm still hoping there. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Redwolf

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 09, 2022, 01:11:46 PM
With those planes plus the ones we already have there's no way they're not doing Vietnam.  The A-1's good for Korea too so I'm still hoping there.

They are still stuck with an engine that doesn't do foliage well. And they don't seem to be working on it.

MengJiao

Quote from: MengJiao on September 09, 2022, 10:19:25 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 08, 2022, 11:36:13 AM
Quote from: MengJiao on September 06, 2022, 05:00:24 PM
Quote from: Toonces on August 26, 2022, 07:50:24 AM
^ LOL!  Touche'!

Here's the more advanced Mirage 2000 (-5, I think) -- can track more targets and stuff (here over Cyprus):

And Invincible off Cyprus fires a Sea Dart at a mig (27?) pretty far away:

And ( also off Cyprus) a Chinese )054A Frigate fires a HQ-16 SAM...a Leander Class Frigate with SEACAT missiles is in the background.  Those do work but don't leave much of a smoke trail.

And HMS Achilles off Cyprus:

Skoop

Looks like there'll be no shortage of dcs content over the next decade.  Wonder if they'll fit a Vulcan engine upgrade or something to that effect in there ? 

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Redwolf on September 09, 2022, 01:42:11 PM
They are still stuck with an engine that doesn't do foliage well. And they don't seem to be working on it.

I don't know about that.  The Marianas map shows at least some progress in that arena. 

It's hell on the graphics card though. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Jarhead0331

My warthog throttle appears to have died the other day so I picked up a Virpil Mongoose. Going to take some getting used to. I hate the Virpil software too. You need a degree in computer science to figure it out. lol
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 10, 2022, 04:59:09 PM
My warthog throttle appears to have died the other day so I picked up a Virpil Mongoose. Going to take some getting used to. I hate the Virpil software too. You need a degree in computer science to figure it out. lol

The throttle might be the one piece of kit they have that I'm meh on.  There's almost such a thing as too many buttons.

And yeah, the software is nuts.  As frightening as it is to say, the current version of the firmware is significantly better than the one around this time last year.  At least now you don't have a chance to permanently brick if you have more than one piece of Virpil kit plugged in at a time while running it.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: SirAndrewD on September 10, 2022, 05:13:52 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 10, 2022, 04:59:09 PM

The throttle might be the one piece of kit they have that I'm meh on.  There's almost such a thing as too many buttons.

And yeah, the software is nuts.  As frightening as it is to say, the current version of the firmware is significantly better than the one around this time last year.  At least now you don't have a chance to permanently brick if you have more than one piece of Virpil kit plugged in at a time while running it.

I'm definitely a winwing guy, through and through. I've got the super libra, super Taurus, an Orion 2 stick with the f-16 grip and an Orion 2 throttle with the f-16 grip...oh, an both the Combat ready and take off panels. I went with the Virpil because I wanted the duel grip for multi-engine management but just couldn't see buying ANOTHER Orion 2. The mongoose is definitely high quality, just different.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 10, 2022, 07:33:58 PM

I'm definitely a winwing guy, through and through. I've got the super libra, super Taurus, an Orion 2 stick with the f-16 grip and an Orion 2 throttle with the f-16 grip...oh, an both the Combat ready and take off panels. I went with the Virpil because I wanted the duel grip for multi-engine management but just couldn't see buying ANOTHER Orion 2. The mongoose is definitely high quality, just different.

Yeah, I've got pieces of winwing kit too and love it.  You can't go wrong with Virpil, Winwing or VKB.

Once you get used to the Mongoose it's good.  I just have some issues with hitting a few of the buttons accidently with my hands, especially the front slider.  I used it as zoom for a long while but then remapped it because I constantly brushed it. 

Once you learn the software and map it though, it is aces.  The action on it is so smooth and....you're exactly right.  Dual engine work on it is magnificent.  I love the switch to connect and disconnect the throttles.  So easy to use.   

But, that said, I'm actually now using the Control Panel 3 for my throttle for warbirds and WW1 planes.  It feels more real and has fewer buttons to get in the way.  I really don't need the Mongoose for IL2.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 16, 2022, 10:06:20 AM
Oh my God.  I can't take it anymore.

Tornado officially announced.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/304804-official-news-2022/page/2/#comment-5050030

It's like they're actively trying to bankrupt me. Me specifically.

Pete Dero

Quote from: CaptainKoloth on September 16, 2022, 10:20:49 AM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on September 16, 2022, 10:06:20 AM
Oh my God.  I can't take it anymore.

Tornado officially announced.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/304804-official-news-2022/page/2/#comment-5050030

It's like they're actively trying to bankrupt me. Me specifically.

Years ago I intended to get all the modules to complete my collection.

I lost that ambition along the way.