Main Menu

Go?

Started by Kushan, September 23, 2012, 10:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

Does anyone know of a good version of Go for the iPad? Looking for a game that will let me play against AI, and preferably with tutorials.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

bob48

I think we have talked about AI versions of Go before. You can't even get a one for the PC due to the complexity of the game. Its so simple to learn, but has incredible depth to it.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

spelk

SmartGO Pro is not bad. Although I can't really judge it's AI ability, as I'm still a beginner!

http://www.smartgo.com/touch.htm

MarkShot

My profession is systems.  So, I find the topic of chess engines interesting.

It seems like the number of potential board positions for GO are way beyond that of chess.  Chess engines basically look ahead and rate positions using various heuristics such as opening books, transposition tables, and Namalov tables.  GO due to its greater possibilities does not seem amenable to such coding techniques.

Kushan

Thanks guys. Maybe I'll take up learning chess, although I've always sucked at it.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

James Sterrett

Quote from: bob48 on September 23, 2012, 12:06:52 PM
I think we have talked about AI versions of Go before. You can't even get a one for the PC due to the complexity of the game. Its so simple to learn, but has incredible depth to it.

For a PC, try AYA Go:  http://www32.ocn.ne.jp/~yss/