Main Menu

Dunkirk

Started by Pinetree, December 14, 2016, 02:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

I for one, do not get to celebrate my maleness nearly enough. Once in a while I get to wave it around in somebody's face briefly until my wife tells me to knock it off. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

I do wish the movie had made a better effort to show the courage and determination of the brave Allied soldiers at Dunkirk instead of the more prevalent desperate attempts to escape the beach and get back home. My 2 cents.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

The rear-guard fought a bitter battle - and paid the price.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Destraex

Quote from: bayonetbrant on July 31, 2017, 06:05:15 AM
here's another dick-brain that doesn't really get it...

https://twitter.com/marieclaire/status/890981117037248512

What about that brave lady seen standing on the bow of the little boat in a dress?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

^OMG STFU already.

Not you, Des. Whoever that quote is from above. I can't take it anymore.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Destraex

I agree Gus. It's like reverse discrimination. Like all maleness must be burned in order for the female master race to rule.
The propaganda machine in hollywood is strong, so a movie that is actually close to historically accurate with no real female leads needs to be shut down :P... because females used to rule and males were just slaves in Celtic times apparently .... everything was fair then.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Gusington

ARRRRGHHH!  :pullhair:

It all went down hill when they got the right to vote  >:D

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

Quote from: Gusington on July 31, 2017, 07:58:24 PM
ARRRRGHHH!  :pullhair:

It all went down hill when they got the right to vote  >:D

Before that, when they were allowed to smoke in public!

Gusington

And before that, when they weren't busy bringing me sandwiches and beer, 'talking' amongst themeselves.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

BanzaiCat

Gusington

^You tell'em, Retz.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

As I recall, there were some women nurses celebrating their femaleness by spreading jam on bread for the troopers on board the Hospital ship. Does that still count as maleness because they were doing it FOR men?  :P 
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

W8taminute

People suck.  Everybody has a complaint about something.  Here is mine; can't even make an historically accurate movie anymore without someone trashing it. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

mirth

Quote from: Sir Slash on July 31, 2017, 09:44:09 PM
As I recall, there were some women nurses celebrating their femaleness by spreading jam on bread for the troopers on board the Hospital ship. Does that still count as maleness because they were doing it FOR men?  :P 

Was it jam or marmalade? Makes a difference.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Celebrating my maleness, I'll say the soldiers didn't care. Probably more interested in the 'spread' part.

bob48

Jam. Or, in my Dad's case, corned beef and a mug of tea.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!