Main Menu

Crusader Kings II

Started by Greybriar, February 12, 2012, 06:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WallysWorld

Super thanks for the info on the free DLC, steve58. I just got both installed which also included the Europa Universalis IV: Evangelical Majors Unit Pack.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Greybriar

Thanks for the heads-up, Steve.  O0
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Quote from: steve58 on February 26, 2016, 12:47:50 PM
Paradox is giving away a free South Indian Portraits DLC, but you've got to have your email "verified".

Salutations everyone!
As some of you know we gave out a free EUIV DLC starting December 2015 for everyone that verified their Paradox Account email. This turned out to be very popular so we decided to mix it up a little bit!

From today, 15:00, anyone that verifies their account will now get a South Indian Portraits pack!
This adds new clothing and thousands of unique face combinations for both male and female characters while playing as any South Indian Nation.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/get-a-free-dlc-for-ckii-when-you-verify-your-email.905633/&utm_source=Community+Newsletter&utm_campaign=eca0c4aec0-emsub-plaza_papl_email_20160226&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6b1b68c4d1-eca0c4aec0-146815601

Thanks!

I don't recall applying the previous EU4 one, but evidently I did at some point.  Senility must be starting.

Now I got the CK2 one also!

WallysWorld

Another DLC on its way for the end of August from what I read somewhere else: The Reaper's Due DLC
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

steve58

Quote from: WallysWorld on August 02, 2016, 11:20:35 AM
Another DLC on its way for the end of August from what I read somewhere else: The Reaper's Due DLC

...an article from RPS.  Hhhhmmm, may have to give CKII another go since they're adding cats. O0

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Grim.Reaper

I had thought in the past they indicated they weren't doing more DLC for the game, glad to see them keep it going...even though I haven't been able to keep up myself.

Nefaro

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on August 02, 2016, 07:44:10 PM
I had thought in the past they indicated they weren't doing more DLC for the game, glad to see them keep it going...even though I haven't been able to keep up myself.

Judging by how poorly received the last EU4 expansion was, and some of the problems caused by the final EU3 expansion, I'm a bit worried they might leave it with some screwed up mechanical changes to the core game.  Don't want to break something that isn't broken. 

The subject of this DLC isn't enticing either.  Disease and plague epidemics?  Meh.  Has the capability to cause a lot of rage if they don't get it just right.  Too hot, too cold, or too annoying and there will be some frustrated players.

Hoping they don't change a lot of stuff, under the hood, for those who don't use this DLC.   

JasonPratt

Heck, their previous three or four DLC have been base-breaking already. I can't say I'm overly optimistic about this one.  :-\
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Nefaro

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 03, 2016, 11:16:17 AM
Heck, their previous three or four DLC have been base-breaking already. I can't say I'm overly optimistic about this one.  :-\

Exactly.

While I'm thankful they also update core game mechanics with each expansion release, for free, some of the recent changes have been questionable or unneeded.  For both CK2 and EU4. 

The trend doesn't bode well.  Too much over-engineering?

Raied

I am just waiting for the patch more than the DLC, auto call to arms is the reason I shelved CK2 for months now.

chemkid

Quote from: JasonPratt on August 03, 2016, 11:16:17 AM
aww... c'mon! buying these DLC is working as good as it should - paypal's a bliss, right?! who cares to play these games anyway???!!!!!

beers!
chem!

tgb

I've been wanting to dive back in and enjoy some of the newer DLC, but what's stopping me is the fact that I haven't played CK in years - probably since the year it was released.  I know a lot has been changed and/or added to the point that it's almost a new game I'm going to have to learn from scratch.

Is there a Let's Play series that's up to date on all the changes so I can ease back in?  I don't want to invest time watching something already obsolete.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on August 31, 2016, 07:08:17 AM

Is there a Let's Play series that's up to date on all the changes so I can ease back in?  I don't want to invest time watching something already obsolete.

You'll probably want to find a series from this year.  But one which doesn't directly utilize a DLC you don't own.

'Quill' did some for the Conclave expansion, back in February.   Link  Live stream recording, not sure if that bothers you. 

Unfortunately 'Arumba' hasn't done any recent CK2 campaigns, other than a pre-release for the latest Plague DLC, which I'm just not interested in getting, and some screwed-up setting mod quite awhile back.  He knows his CK2 very well, but has been doing other stuff lately.  :-\

tgb

I AM interested in the Plague DLC, which is my main reason for reinstalling.  I watched the first part of Arumba's latest series, and saw the Focus mechanic for the first time.  It looks good, but apparently Way of Life, which introduced it, wasn't very well received.

Was it also included in a free patch, or do I have to get Way of Life to be able to access it?

solops

Conclave looks like poopie to me. Don't see much in the Plague dlc either, though it looks less disruptive.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin