WAR ZONE: Middle East. New RTS, similiar to Command and Conquer Generals

Started by AchillesLastStand, January 26, 2017, 12:25:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AchillesLastStand

Has a Command And Conquer Generals vibe. The demo is free but I believe is only a tutorial and a mission or 2, no skirmish mode or multiplayer yet.

Here's some important info about our upcoming project WAR ZONE: Middle East.
Choose your commander in the great battle for oil and control over the Middle East natural recourses.

UNI – most of European Union and the rest western nations in the world. After the great economic depression of 2017 the world's greatest superpowers decided to join forces to gain control over the Middle East natural resources and free the natives from the G.A.O militia forces which dominate the Saudi Arabia deserts in violent and bloody regime.
RJC – far East and northern Hampshire superpowers.in the middle of their arms race money became less powerful then oil and the Middle East is the richest area in the world right now and oil is flooding the deserts. With heavy artillery and hi-tech military technology fighting to gain control in the area.
G.A.O – illegal militia groups who joined hands and fighting foreign forces while killing and making the local citizens life hard and miserable. The G.A.O usually uses gorilla combat tactics and uses the population as camouflage while killing them on the way.

UNI units armed with the latest weaponry and armor combined with the Special Forces squads in the filled gives you as a commander bigger and smarter attack range with a hard knockout punch for your enemies!

RJC – iron to the thrown! With heavy machinery and artillery RJC is a series threat for whoever try to take control over the oil resources in the deserts. Fight to your right to survive in the rough area with powerful arsenal.

G.A.O is a dirty player, with vicious tactics and blood thirsty infantry forces they can be a big rock in your shoe. You cannot play as G.A.O but you will find yourself in combat weather its surprise or a rough tackle

Keep following our RTS game! For all of you gamers in the world for those who missed the old school RTS games like C & C Red alert series, Generals for our present time fighting and building. Stay tuned for the next big RTS game...

http://arian-studio.com/

Free demo here.....
http://www.indiedb.com/games/arian-studio

AchillesLastStand

Ok the game just got added to Steam Greenlight and if you are interested in a RTS in the style of Command And Conquer Generals please check it out and give it a like and maybe even a comment. Also there is free demo fyi. Most of my friends like the what the games, especially given how its only in alpha status
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=854328524

AchillesLastStand

Here is a brand new video, after being disappointed with grey goo, act of aggression and the 8bit armies, this looks like it might hit the spot.

Destraex

I also did not like act of aggression or grey goo. But I think it was because I have moved on from command & conquer. I just think Red Dragon, men of war and company of heroes among others are so much better.
Cossacks though in the old style still gets me occasionally.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

AchillesLastStand

True those are great games, but a lot of people still like the base building command and conquer style RTS. I am not looking for them to reinvent the wheel, just make a good solid command and conquer style RTS is good enough for me.

Destraex

If it makes you happy. Do it man. Sometimes the simple things in life can be best.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Jarhead0331

Other than the theme which may appeal to you, I'm curious why you would be really pumped about this title,  but disliked grey goo and 8 bit armies. Both had base building and RTS combat. If anything, grey goo reinvigorated the genre by included some really unique twists and races.

Watching the videos, I don't really see what all the excitement is about...how is it any different or better than say, Act of War?

You sure you don't own stock in the company?  ^-^
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 01, 2017, 07:47:42 AM
Other than the theme which may appeal to you, I'm curious why you would be really pumped about this title,  but disliked grey goo and 8 bit armies. Both had base building and RTS combat. If anything, grey goo reinvigorated the genre by included some really unique twists and races.

Watching the videos, I don't really see what all the excitement is about...how is it any different or better than say, Act of War?

You sure you don't own stock in the company?  ^-^

Yes the theme does appeal to me, flying bugs and goo however do not. The 8bit series I got tired of quickly, and besides maybe a small difference{or 2} it is somewhat similar to Act of War which was a pretty good game.

And no to your last question :2funny:, im just getting the word out for those that might be interested.

Jarhead0331

Did you ever play the Joint Task Force games? I recall them being pretty enjoyable. They don't have base building I don't think, but the tactical RTS combat was satisfying and it had a middle east conflict theme.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Apocalypse 31

I am finding that any game that claims to be a spiritual successor to Command & Conquer is usually far from it - Grey Goo, Act of Aggression, 8bit Armies, etc...

Therefore, I have concluded that there is NO replacement for Command & Conquer. There are some interesting gameplay mechanics, mainly an asymmetric approach for factions, that no other game has been able to replicate.

I still play C&C Generals regularly. Amazing game, and nobody has come close to replicating.

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 01, 2017, 01:59:50 PM
Did you ever play the Joint Task Force games? I recall them being pretty enjoyable. They don't have base building I don't think, but the tactical RTS combat was satisfying and it had a middle east conflict theme.

No, that's another game I saw but never got around to getting. But it did look interesting.

Hofstadter

My wargaming channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx_VZ48DOrINe4XA7Bvf99A

"I earned the right to shoot Havoc!"