Steam Paradox Weekend Sale

Started by Bison, June 07, 2012, 12:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bison

Well if you don't have one of the many paradox titles this might be the weekend to make up for it.  Steam is running a paradox sale all weekend.

Today King Arthur titles are 75% off.  For $5 I'm giving KA2 a go even though I've not heard the best about it compared to KA.

Will be looking for Vicky 2 if it reaches 75% off too.

tgb

Warlock and Naval War Arctic Circle are both half off - $10. 

Bison

The new Warlock DLC Serpents is a buck fifty so that is a go too.

Gusington

Hmm Victoria II eh? How were reviews and player opinion on that? I need a British Empire game bad.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

I'm reconsidering the KA2 purchase.  Just browse the PI forums.  It seems there maybe some serious issue with this one.  What's the opinion on this game?   Sure its only $5, but I don't want to waste time on a broken game.

Gusington

^IIRC Toonces enjoyed it. But he LOVES the first one. As do I. The poor reviews in general scared me away from the second one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

My biggest concern is the 2GB ram cap.  It seems to cause some serious frame rate issues.

Gusington

I read of other serious issues like CTDs also. Which sucks because KA1 ran very well for me. Never crashed once.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

tgb

I'm tempted to get Naval War Arctic Circle if they've patched in mid-mission saves.  Have they?  Also, how does Supreme Ruler Cold War stack up against the others?

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nope, still no in-mission save function and freezing/lock-ups are still an issue for some owners (like me).

Rosseau

NWAC is really a value at $10. Almost embarrassing actually. Then Warlock at $10. Ridiculously underpriced. So with KAII, you spend $5 less than the $30 for garbage like World Supremacy. I need to become a bit more disciplined in my purchases or wait for sales :>

Herman Hum

Quote from: tgb on June 07, 2012, 02:43:13 PM
I'm tempted to get Naval War Arctic Circle if they've patched in mid-mission saves.  Have they?
Just tried the new patch.  I find it still unplayable.  It's just a matter of time before it locks-up on my machine.  I can't recommend it at any price with behaviour like this.
ScenShare scenarios: 1) Enjoy creating it, 2) Enjoy playing it, 3) Enjoy sharing it, 4) Enjoy helping others create them

The PlayersDB - The Harpoon Community's #1 Choice.

Harpoon3 Frequently Asked Questions

Nefaro

I'd like to point out that

Crusader Kings 2 is $19.99 on this sale, too.  The Sword of Islam expansion is due out soon. 

Other notables I can recommend:

Mount & Blade Warband    $10
Dungeons of Dredmor        $1.50                  (expansion Rise of the Diggle Gods   $1)
Pride of Nations                  $5
Knights of Honor                $5
Rise Of Prussia                   $5

Probably missed another one or two because, unlike the usual Paradox sales, some of the ones you don't see marked down very often are on this one.  I didn't spot EU3 Chronicles or HOI3 Complete in the sale list but they might be there..

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Unfortunately I didn't spend much time with KA2 yet.  The campaign seems fairly linear, as stated elsewhere.  It is very beautiful, I can tell you that much.  I bought it for $20 which was my breakpoint on it.  For $5 I don't see how you can go wrong, but if you have to think that hard about it it is probably best to just pass and put the money towards CK2 or something.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs