Main Menu

Ahsoka

Started by GDS_Starfury, April 07, 2023, 08:50:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirAndrewD

Please stop with Mike Zeroh.  He's so utterly discredited that some speculate he might be SuperShadow.  His stuff is utter mysogyst trash that has zero basis in reality.

I mean, anyone not Pratt, if you read this trash, google Mike Zeroh and google Mickey Suttle aka SuperShadow. They may not be the same person but just the utter amount of absolute anti-everything drivel is absurd. 

This is utterly beneath this site and by using Mike Zeroh we're getting into R&P territory based on his body of material.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

:huh:

^Never heard of this guy.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

havent watched any of it.  I just dont concern myself with other peoples opinions about something thats purely entertainment.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

JasonPratt

I certainly don't mind not posting Zeroh, and if his reporting has been discredited massively in the past couple of months thanks for saying so -- though some details would be informative. Zeroh seems to be reporting and synthesizing together information from the trades and other public promotional sources, about the plans stated by Filoni, Favreau, and (on the other hand) Kennedy, but has stated several times that with Disney and especially Lucasfilm in such a financial mess right now nobody's plans are necessarily going to work out, though he has more hope for the larger plans of F&F than Kennedy's (even for rescuing the future reputation of Kennedy's contributions.)

I've watched all the videos I posted and I didn't find anything misogynistic in them. Maybe he does that somewhere else? Ditto R&P material?

As for "the utter amount of absolute anti-everything drivel", again I've actually watched the videos I've posted and he's fairly moderate about the quality of the Star Wars material under Disney, including the sequel trilogy which he likes various portions of and would like to see made more cohesive (though he's somewhat doubtful the planned fixes can fully fix them.) Maybe you're confusing him with Doomcock? Or maybe he toned down a few months ago before I found him?

I'm seriously puzzled, but I'll stop posting him.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Ah, Googling around, I see that he has definitely earned a bad reputation for false information (at least) since at least as far back as 2017 (including earning the direct ire of Rian Johnson of all people). Haven't found anything discrediting his work in the past few months yet (e.g. lying about the articles and interviews from principal creators which he appears to be citing), but that may come.

I appreciate the heads-up, SirAndrew, thanks.  :martini:
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

SirAndrewD

Nah, post what you like.

I think Zeroh has serious credibility problems and you can do some research on it yourself.

I was however in an unrelated sour mood related to other things and took it out on you.  So, I'm sorry for my tone. 

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

JasonPratt

Hopefully we can all rejoice together when Ahsoka arrives!  :justice:

SirAndrewD

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 10, 2023, 10:23:47 PMHopefully we can all rejoice together when Ahsoka arrives!  :justice:

Hopefully.  If it's bad I won't be shy about saying so.

W8taminute

Did I ever tell you about Ahsoka?  WARNING!! - Not suitable for work

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

al_infierno

I have to admit I have absolutely no idea what's going on in that trailer, aside from there being a new heir to the Empire and something about a pair of girlboss protagonists.  When is this set?  Is this all meaningful to people who have watched all the other Star Wars shows?   :shocked:

Not to be a curmudgeon but.... I'm the kind of guy whose love for Star Wars mostly lies with the original 1977 film and The Empire Strikes Back.  Is there anything in this for someone who hasn't seen/read/played the dozens of adjacent media that's been released in the meantime?
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

GDS_Starfury

it has a lot more weight if your all caught up.

JasonPratt

Quote from: al_infierno on July 12, 2023, 01:11:46 AMNot to be a curmudgeon but.... I'm the kind of guy whose love for Star Wars mostly lies with the original 1977 film and The Empire Strikes Back.  Is there anything in this for someone who hasn't seen/read/played the dozens of adjacent media that's been released in the meantime?

Short answer: no.

Less short answer: it's setting up a plotline (beloved by a lot of fans including myself) which would have had tons of relevance to the original trilogy through RotJ (before the prequels were even worked up by Lucas), and which continues a plotline that had tons of relevance to the prequel films. Its original relevance to the OT can't really be done now, but one showrunner-group is going to try their best to splice it into the Disney-produced plotlines.

So, still probably no.

Longer answer ***** skip now if you don't care! ******

Ahsoka-the-character was (arguably) Anakin Skywalker's best apprentice (correction via Star below, his only apprentice) before he fell to the dark side and became Darth Vader. A good chunk of (now canon) prior animated series, set during and after the Clone Wars, and after RotJ, was devoted to her growing up into a mature Jedi from a bratty teenager. If I recall correctly (not having seen any of those animated series either, though SW fans generally like them a lot, so I see references occasionally), she discovered a third path between the Light and Dark sides, creating a faction of Grey Jedi.

Ahsoka-the-series is setting up an importation of the original plot of Timothy Zahn's original sequel trilogy of novels (officially approved by Lucas), beloved by very many fans (myself included). These novels followed up Return of the Jedi with further adventures of Luke, Leia, and Han, having to deal with the formation of the new Republic and the new Jedi Order, while a leftover Admiral Thrawne from the Empire (the blue-skinned cultured guy with red glowing eyes, one of the titular "Heir{s} to the Empire") arrives from being kind of banished to the fringes by the Emperor to get suuuuuuper-competent at managing the fleet remnants against the New Republic. (He's also a beloved legacy character and practically a Villain Protagonist.) Luke's eventual wife, Mara Jade, is also introduced as an assassin for the former Empire, driven by impulses from the ghost of Palpatine to hunt down and kill Luke.

Note: it doesn't look like the Ahsoka series per se will be doing that plot, only setting up the splice attempt later in Season Two.

The plotline of the novel series can't be spliced directly into the film and TV series continuity anymore, but the showrunners are going to try their best to make it work. So, many fans of the original expanded universe material after RotJ (largely rejected by current management up until now) are rejoicing.

Also, there's a LOT of managerial drama in real life behind the scenes, and this series represents one faction pulling ahead of the other, maybe. But trust me, that way lies insanity, delve into it at your own risk.  :hair:

Star and others can help fill any important summary setup details if I've forgotten or didn't know about them.

JasonPratt

Hey, by the way! -- was that a Jaxxon reference?!

If so, they're leaning on the member-berries hard to sell their new plotline.

(Also, oh look, it's the Veil of the Force: a plot device which could theoretically reset the continuity entirely, depending on how the managerial drama behind the scenes resolves.  :rolleyes: )

GDS_Starfury

shes was Anakins only apprentice.
I highly recommend the animated shows.